MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:57 AM   #31
Phubar
somebody shut me the fark up.

Welcome to our side of the Big Pond!
Phantastic Bro!
Nice ForFour you got there!

All fueled by [COLOR=lime]Ecobrasa[/COLOR] Coco Briquettes

*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2011 - 2012*
*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2013 Low 'n Slow
*WGA Ambassador
Phubar is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 07-28-2010, 10:13 AM   #32
wildflower
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyMac View Post
I'd hit it and go back for seconds...
Who am I kidding? Thirds.
4th for me and some cold beer
wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2010, 01:38 PM   #33
antoant
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Home Boy View Post
Funny, most people in North America see "sumac" and immediately get all itchy...
Is it weird that I have been eating it and had no idea that it was a relative to the poison ivy. I guess Sumac is the good "sheep" of the family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heiny View Post
looks good--- when is the next meal?
Not for a week or two. It is time for vacation. Other people will be cooking for me for a change. I think I am going to reenact one of those Corona commercials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinAussie View Post
Love that style of BBQ Antoant!

Looks delicious, and I love that flatbread too!

Cheers!

Bill
Thank you Bill. Cooking on an open pit is crazy fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phubar View Post
Welcome to our side of the Big Pond!
Phantastic Bro!
Nice ForFour you got there!
Thanks Phubar. It is a shame they don't make them any more. I love the little thing although it belongs to the gf. Can't wait to see your next cook.
antoant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2010, 01:44 PM   #34
antoant
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb2301 View Post
Ah, that looks great! It takes me back to my days at Incirlik Air Base in Turkey. While all the new guys were eating at the places right off the base we would go way back in the village and buy kabobs in little shops that just had a grill and a couple of tables. We would stuff ourselves for about 2 dollars. Is the ground Sumac red? A lot of the food we had would come with a tomato cucumber salad and it always had a red spice sprinkled on top. It was just a little bit spicy. Oh and the flat bread! There were a couple of places where we could get it straight out of the brick oven.We would spread on the goat butter and just eat until we couldn't stand any more.
I agree the best way to find good food in a foreign country is to venture outside your comfort zone and most of the time the best food comes from the smallest places Sumac is purplish, I guess you could call it red. I think the spice you tasted in Turkey is definitely Sumac. I think it is very common in Turkish cuisine.

Old 07-28-2010, 01:49 PM   #35
Ashmont
Babbling Farker

How long on the coals?

Proud member of Brethren Weber's for life

(Rescued 7 kettles in 2007, 1 in 2008, 2 in 2009 and 1 in 2010 Three of which I have and 8 that have gone to Brethren. PM me to get on the waiting list)

Weber Kettle Dabomb
Weber Kettle Justintime
Weber Kettle (Yet to be named by Daughter) Evil Twin Suggested!
Weber Kettle Grace
WSM "Winni"
WSM "Dumas"
One Smokey Joe
UDS "Peggy Sue"
http://ashsmoderndayclubhouse.blogspot.com/
Ashmont is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2010, 01:52 PM   #36
chambersuac
somebody shut me the fark up.

that looks FANTASTIC!

IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball maker and IMBAS Sgt. At Arms.

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. [Acts 20:32 KJV]
chambersuac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2010, 02:08 PM   #37
antoant
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashmont View Post
How long on the coals?
Hey Ashmont. Sorry for not replying to your earlier post. When you say how long do you mean how long before they light up or how long they last.
The first depends on how much lump you got in there. Those briquettes take a while to light up if you use starter cubes and no lump. But if you use lump they get going pretty fast. Well the lump does and then the briquettes start up easily.
Now if you are asking how long they last then the answer is 2-3 hours in an open pit like that. I guess if you put them in a closed pit they would last longer. The pack has a couple of graphs on the side of it. I can take a picture if you want and post it. It compares lump and those specific briquettes in terms of time and temperature in an open bit and in a kettle.

Old 07-28-2010, 02:18 PM   #38
Ashmont
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoant View Post
Hey Ashmont. Sorry for not replying to your earlier post. When you say how long do you mean how long before they light up or how long they last.
The first depends on how much lump you got in there. Those briquettes take a while to light up if you use starter cubes and no lump. But if you use lump they get going pretty fast. Well the lump does and then the briquettes start up easily.
Now if you are asking how long they last then the answer is 2-3 hours in an open pit like that. I guess if you put them in a closed pit they would last longer. The pack has a couple of graphs on the side of it. I can take a picture if you want and post it. It compares lump and those specific briquettes in terms of time and temperature in an open bit and in a kettle.

Sorry How long does the meat stay on the coals before there done? Average time hour hour and a half ect. Sorry should have been more specific.....

Proud member of Brethren Weber's for life

(Rescued 7 kettles in 2007, 1 in 2008, 2 in 2009 and 1 in 2010 Three of which I have and 8 that have gone to Brethren. PM me to get on the waiting list)

Weber Kettle Dabomb
Weber Kettle Justintime
Weber Kettle (Yet to be named by Daughter) Evil Twin Suggested!
Weber Kettle Grace
WSM "Winni"
WSM "Dumas"
One Smokey Joe
UDS "Peggy Sue"
http://ashsmoderndayclubhouse.blogspot.com/
Ashmont is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2010, 02:36 PM   #39
antoant
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashmont View Post
Sorry How long does the meat stay on the coals before there done? Average time hour hour and a half ect. Sorry should have been more specific.....
Oops never thought about that time. They stay on for 20-35 minutes, depending on the size of the chunks and how juicy you want them. I usually use small/fatty pieces and like my meat juicy so 20-25 is the max for me.