MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Announcements and news

Notices

Announcements and news Any Site or group related General Information you want passed on to our members. Site admins and moderators will also post group related topics here.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:03 PM   #1
Gadragonfly
Full Fledged Farker

Default Popular Plates BBQ

I'm not exactly sure where to put this so I'm going to post here and understand if the moderators decide to move this post. I participate on a forum site named "RoadFood". Some of you may be familiar with it. The definition on the website reads: "Roadfood means great regional meals along highways, in small towns and in city neighborhoods. It is non-franchised, sleeves-up food made by cooks, bakers, pitmasters, and sandwich-makers who are America’s culinary folk artists."

I have just received the newest RoadFood Newsletter that includes information on their latest magazine which is devoted to BBQ. I do not have a vested interest in this magazine but thought some here might be interested in seeing what they've put together. The website to preview the magazine is: http://www.popularplates.com/

Julie
Gadragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2010, 03:09 PM   #2
pahutchens
is one Smokin' Farker

Never heard of the magazine before looks pretty neat
#5 Kamado refurbished 'the Copper top'
[COLOR="navy"]Blue 'like my Smoke' Thermapen[/COLOR]
IMBAS certified MOINK! baller, KCBS MCBJ & CTC
pahutchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:17 AM   #3
Stoke&Smoke
Babbling Farker

I picked up a copy at the neighborhood grocery store. Kind of pricey at 8.99, but I enjoyed it. Will be interesting to see if additional issues are published, or if this will be the one and only. The date on it just says 2010, so maybe they plan it as an annual?

Photos are gorgeous, and there's lots of good reading though
KCBS CJ/TC #17139 Member ILBBQS
Too many cookers to list :crazy:
Stoke&Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:23 AM   #4
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

Haven't seen the magazine locally. I do see "Tops" is a featured pic on the linc. Is that the Tops in Memphis? If so, what does the article say about them?
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote