• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Capitol City Cook-Off Jefferson City, MO 4/16-4/17

Who is planning on this contest? I know there are a couple others this same weekend so I am curious who's gonna come to Jefferson City. River City Smokehouse is hoping to kick off the year with this contest.

Here is the link: Capitol City Cook-Off

Hey Jim I have been kickin around the same idea believe it or not. Its an expensive one for me but don't think I will do Laurie this year so looking for something else. I have let my supplies and equipment get in such bad shape its going to cost a small fortune just to bring everything up to snuff. I bought a brisket yesterday first one I have bought for a long time but I need to practice my beef, that should happen next weekend.
Dave

Looks as if the People's Choice is a central turn in - can anyone verify that?

I talked to Greg Bowman(one of the organizers) they are in a meeting about the contest now. He said that the best to his knowledge they will provide the pork butt and the team will turn it in Sat. morning at the main bldg. They will have a publec tasting/voting then. Winner will be annonced at awards. If there is anything different than that he will email and let me know.

TippyCanoe BBQ Crew will be back again in 2010. Had a great time last year!

Bobby according to the entry form the Peoples Choice starts at 11 am Sat.

Maybe this year will be good weather. Rather than the sleet, snow and rain in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm on the fence with this one. Washington or Jeff City? Jeff City or Washington? I just don't know! :bounce:

Rick

Sent in my money Friday and had a confirmation phone message from Bruce Ring waiting for me Saturday after work, that was quick. Guess I am committed or should I say I need to be committed. :crazy:
Dave

We're headed to Enid, Oklahoma that weekend to compete or we would have considered it.

Uncle Bubs BBQ will be there . On Friday night we will host a score sheet/comment card burning I have one that i have to get rid of. Gonna buy a big can of lighter fluid.

How about hosting another, "Bubba catches his shirt on fire"!:tape::wacko: Looking forward to visiting with you Bub, it's been a while.

THAT was some seriously funny chit! :laugh: Glad Bub was okay though! I'll never forget walking up afterwards and seeing Bubba sitting on the edge of the trailer looking defeated and his shirt burnt to chit!

THAT was some seriously funny chit! :laugh: Glad Bub was okay though! I'll never forget walking up afterwards and seeing Bubba sitting on the edge of the trailer looking defeated and his shirt burnt to chit!
I think I'd have to wear that shirt every year to that contest. It was definitely priceless!:clap2:

Back