First butt, first fattie

jsimonson0

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Well the experiment was a success. Here's the results:
DSC00495.JPG

DSC00497.JPG

DSC00503.JPG

Haven't put any sauce on the pork yet, that's for lunch tomorrow. The fatties were straight out of he fridge,nice and thawed. I'd forgotten how effortless the ECB can be.

Nice! I wish I can get ready-made sausage in that big rolls!

Nice work! See you made more than one! My first fattie was a few days ago. I made only one since it was an experiment. Once I tasted it I wished I had made 3.

They were basic 1lb sausages from the local grocery. I probably should have said they went into the ECB fresh out of the fridge. Next time, I'll put some cheese or onions in the middle.

Nice work! See you made more than one! My first fattie was a few days ago. I made only one since it was an experiment. Once I tasted it I wished I had made 3.

One was hot breakfast sausage, the other was italian sausage. I've had them in my freezer for months, waiting to be smoked...

Try the Bold flavor. Really like it. What kind of rub did you use?

Try the Bold flavor. Really like it. What kind of rub did you use?

Didn't use a rub for the fatties. Used Milwaukee Iron from The Spice House on the pork butt, on top of a layer of dijon mustard. Left all that on overnight. Love the color on the way out...

Nice! I wish I can get ready-made sausage in that big rolls!

Let your fingers do the walking my friend.

Just called the Safeway, and they said they do carry them. I asked if they carried 1# chubs of breakfast sausage, like Jimmy Dean or Bob Evans.

Unfortunately, I cannot come and see this personally :cry:

I forgot to ask if Beth Chapman shops there though

<snip>

[SIZE=+2]Safeway Food & Drug Store[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]808 822-2464[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Kauai Village in Kapaa[/SIZE]
Hours: Open 24 Hours ~ 7 Days a WeekMost of you will be familiar with the Safeway chain of stores all over the U.S. This one is loaded with everything you need and wonderful Kauai Products to bring home to your friends & family. Don't forget your Safeway Card! I shop here for my family on a daily basis.

<snip #2>
[SIZE=+2]Big Save Markets ~ IGA[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Eleele ............................... 808 335-3127[/SIZE]
Hours: 6:30 am - 10:00 pm Daily ~ Sunday until 9:00 pm
[SIZE=+2]Hanalei ............................ 808 826-6652[/SIZE]
Hours: 7:00 am - 9:00 pm Daily
[SIZE=+2]Kapaa ............................. 808 822-4971[/SIZE]
Hours: 7:00 am - 11:00 pm Daily
[SIZE=+2]Koloa ............................. 808 742-1614[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Lihue .............................. 808 245-6571[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Waimea ........................ 808 338-1621[/SIZE]
Hours: 7:00 am - 10:00 pm Daily ~ Sunday until 9:00 pmMy home town favorite, conveniently located where ever you are on the island. They are dependable places to shop for your groceries. You don't have to go far to find a gas station or post office close by any one of their stores. They have saved me on many occasions when I am on the go!

Ok Fatties just for Keale

2 cans of spam
1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
1/4 cup Bacon Grease
1 egg

Grate Spam with cheese grater & add all other things to make into logs. Smoke. They will cook fast though. 1-1 1/2 hours.
BIG ISLAND FATTIES

Last edited:
From the title I thought this should have been in the Woodpile, but then I saw the pictures...good lookin' food :biggrin:

Back