MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 10-14-2012, 06:14 AM   #1
YokeUp
Full Fledged Farker

Default Jackson, MS - Give it to God - Video

[URL]http://www.UnitedBBQLeague.com[/URL]
YokeUp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-14-2012, 09:26 AM   #2
dmprantz
is One Chatty Farker

I respectfully and publically suggest that you use your YouTube channel and get a facebook page. Get a blog and a website dedicated to you if you don't already have them, and publicize your videos all you want from those locations. You obviously have a cause, and that's understandable, but I don't think this forum is the appropriate venue to proselytise. Just as cooks don't come here to talk about how great their degreaser sponsor or their disease affiliated causes are every week, I think telling the brethren how great your religeon is after every competition would fall into the same bucket, but doubly so because relegion itslef is a touchy subject in a public forum. I'm happy that you are happy with your faith, but please keep it to yourself and your own web pages.

dmp

dmprantz is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-14-2012, 09:33 AM   #3
Teamfour
is Blowin Smoke!

Another great video. Congrats on a good showing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smokin-n-Style BBQ Team - Pitmaster
Lagniappe Chili Team - Head Cook
KCBS CBJ
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-14-2012, 09:35 AM   #4
Teamfour
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmprantz View Post
I respectfully and publically suggest that you use your YouTube channel and get a facebook page. Get a blog and a website dedicated to you if you don't already have them, and publicize your videos all you want from those locations. You obviously have a cause, and that's understandable, but I don't think this forum is the appropriate venue to proselytise. Just as cooks don't come here to talk about how great their degreaser sponsor or their disease affiliated causes are every week, I think telling the brethren how great your religeon is after every competition would fall into the same bucket, but doubly so because relegion itslef is a touchy subject in a public forum. I'm happy that you are happy with your faith, but please keep it to yourself and your own web pages.

dmp
Wow, just wow. If you see a post from Jeff just skip over it. Kind of like passing over the religious channels on TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KCBS CBJ

Old 10-14-2012, 09:39 AM   #5
dmprantz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamfour View Post
Wow, just wow. If you see a post from Jeff just skip over it. Kind of like passing over the religious channels on TV.
That's often sentiment from people who agree with the original post, but I wonder if your tune would change if a person posted videos claiming how Islam was the only true religeon and that the prophet Muhammed was the one to believe. Please remember that I stated my requests respectfully, and responses should be in the same tone....

dmp

Old 10-14-2012, 09:45 AM   #6
YokeUp
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:

dmp
I respectfully submit that you just pass by my posts and read those that are of intefest ti you. people who compete at the contests i attend appteciate the record i provide and the message as well. i promise not to dictate what you postor where you post it and i thank God that i can choose to read it or not. Freedom is precious!
[URL]http://www.UnitedBBQLeague.com[/URL]
YokeUp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-14-2012, 09:48 AM   #7
jgbmgb
is one Smokin' Farker

Great video! Keep em coming!! Dmprantz, if you don't agree with or like the video just don't look at any more of them.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:50 AM   #8
jgbmgb
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokeup View Post
i respectfully submit that you just pass by my posts and read those that are of intefest ti you. People who compete at the contests i attend appteciate the record i provide and the message as well. I promise not to dictate what you postor where you post it and i thank god that i can choose to read it or not. Freedom is precious!
+++ 1

Old 10-14-2012, 09:57 AM   #9
dmprantz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by YokeUp View Post
i promise not to dictate what you postor where you post it and i thank God that i can choose to read it or not. Freedom is precious!
I never dictated. I suggested. Your freedom comes from your government, not your deity. Regardless, if you're going to continue to preach religion in a non-religious environment, you shouldn't be surprised nor get so offended that others find in inappropriate.

dmp

Old 10-14-2012, 10:06 AM   #10
jgbmgb
is one Smokin' Farker

"Your freedom comes from your government, not your deity"

WOW!! Nuff said right there!!!

Thanks from: --->
Old 10-14-2012, 10:10 AM   #11
dmprantz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbmgb View Post
WOW!! Nuff said right there!!!
And your condescending point is? Do you refute that the freedoms of speech and religion are guaranteed by the government of the US? Do you think your religion would allow you those some freedoms if you were living in, say, Iran?

dmp

Old 10-14-2012, 10:14 AM   #12
Teamfour
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
That's often sentiment from people who agree with the original post, but I wonder if your tune would change if a person posted videos claiming how Islam was the only true religeon and that the prophet Muhammed was the one to believe. Please remember that I stated my requests respectfully, and responses should be in the same tone....

dmp
I would just pass over that post. Or I may watch it to be exposed to a different point of view and perhaps learn something.

For the record, I am not overly religious, and honestly sometimes find Jeff's posts a little over the top. But I respect his freedom to make his posts and really like the photos that are in his videos.

I used to be very single minded when it came to other's views. But I have mellowed over the years. Life is too short for me get worked up over people's views.

KCBS CBJ

Old 10-14-2012, 10:21 AM   #13
Teamfour
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Your freedom comes from your government, not your deity.
Respectfully, this is not technically true. Congress recognized freedom of expression as a God given right. The first amendment says Congress will not pass laws to interfere with those rights.

KCBS CBJ

Old 10-14-2012, 10:22 AM   #14
dmprantz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
I would just pass over that post....I used to be very single minded when it came to other's views. But I have mellowed over the years. Life is too short for me get worked up over people's views.
Thank you. I have no problems with this beliefs, and encourage him to hold them as high as he wants. From what I have seen of his videos though, they are less about competition BBQ, and more about telling those who watch them how great his is religion is. I just don't find the BBQ Brethren the appropriate venue for that message. I'm not the first person to publically state that belief on this forum. Just as it has been suggested several times already that I pass over his threads, it could be said that people could read my calm posts in response to them, ingest the content, and make a decision without lashing out at me for having opinions.

dmp

Old 10-14-2012, 10:26 AM   #15
dmprantz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Respectfully, this is not technically true. Congress recognized freedom of expression as a God given right. The first amendment says Congress will not pass laws to interfere with those rights.
We're getting a bit off-point from my intent, but I'm not familiar with the legal document which defines the freedom of expression as a "god given right." Care to share a reference to that? Regardless of how the government arrived at the conclusion though, I maintain that it is the government, not a religion, that allows citizens in this country to have freedom. We may just have to agree to disagree though.

dmp

Tags
Give it to God BBQ