Italian Beef Panini Like A Briskie

fingerlickin'

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Normally, I would cook an eye roast to around 145 or so, cool it slice it, do up some juice and have at it. Then I had an almost original thought after I saw the cook it like a brisket throwdown thread.

I thought, what cut of meat could I cook like a brisket? :decision: I found a nice 6lb top sirloin that fit the bill.

IMG_1750.jpg

I injected it with some beef stock and Oakridge Santa Maria + extra garlic powder. Rubbed with more Santa Maria, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Black Pepper, Oregano and Crushed Red Pepper Flakes.

IMG_1756.jpg

IMG_1764.jpg

The egg was running dead nuts at 225* thanks to my iQue 110. Cooked it over WG lump and a couple chunks of cherry. On to the smoker at midnight on Saturday night. I ran it a few hours on the smoke and foiled it before I fell asleep around 2:30 am. I pulled it off around 9 am on Sunday morning. I probably should have pulled it a little earlier but I couldn't get up off the couch where I had slept all night. (sore back mod)

The meat probed nicely, maybe a little past butter because of the sore back mod. The maverick was reading 212* I got a ton of nice juice from this thing, the foil pan crutch really did the trick.

IMG_1776.jpg

It pulled nicely

IMG_1780.jpg

That Wicked Good is really wicked good. This was after a 13 hour burn, it's 3pm at this point. Ton's of life left in there. I had decided to keep the fire going while I decided what else to make.

IMG_1781.jpg

Side dish was a Creamy Green Chili and Pulled Pork Chowder. I roasted some garlic too.

IMG_1786.jpg

IMG_1787.jpg

IMG_1790.jpg

IMG_1791.jpg

Now, back to the sandwich.

I got a couple fresh long rolls. The sesame seeds are key because they toast up with the Panini and it adds another level.

IMG_1793.jpg

I busted out the Griddler and that's some kick arse sharp provolone on the bottom and some standard provolone on top. I really love cheese. There will be beef in there somewhere.

IMG_1810.jpg

IMG_1813.jpg

Here's a couple finished pics. Everything came out awesome! I would definitely do this again.

IMG_1822.jpg

IMG_1836.jpg

Peace

Thanks for the comments everyone! No marty, I only used about 4 cloves in the chowder. The rest got jarred up with some olive oil for later. It really added depth of flavor though.

sent from my android device using tapatalk

Kinda surpising all the things that can be cooked low and slow and turn out great...isn't it?

Hey Mike, That Santa Maria is some good stuff! :thumb: I really need to order some more before I run out. Thanks for providing such good products.

Back