New Pitmaker BBQ Safe... First Cook.

Zing

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Went down to the Pitmaker fabrication shop at the end of May. I was interested in checking out their BBQ Safe. I was impressed with what I saw, and a little over six weeks later I had one. Here it is. I have to say this thing is built seriously solid! The workmanship on this thing is fantastic!

100_1059.jpg

100_1057.jpg

100_1055.jpg

Seasoned it up last weekend, and finally got a chance to cook on it yesterday. I decided to do a short cook to start with. Ribs were on the menu.

Smoke in progress.

100_1071.jpg

And a close up.

100_1075.jpg

After about 3.5 hours at 250 they were ready to come up.

100_1083.jpg

100_1085.jpg

Great color, very moist, had a smoke ring that nearly went all the way through the rib.

100_1091.jpg

I'm thinking chuckies next weekend!

I am in total envy at the moment. That is a beautiful cooker!!!! (Yes 4 exclamation points worth) I love the amount of girth on that baby! Looks very well insulated and ready for some long slow cooks!

Great purchase man!

i want one of those cookers in the worst way!

looks great!

Diggin that blue color.:clap2: Nice choice and nice looking ribs.

Wish they were a little (or A LOT) closer. I would invest in one of them. Shipping to Iowa has to be tremendous.

That's a nice looking pit... I haven't seen that one before... lookin' good on those ribs too :)

I ♥ Pitmaker! Wish I could afford their wares. I work at a sheet metal fab shop, and I can't afford to do all that for myself!

They have a VERY well thought out design, using solidworks flow to map out the smoke currents inside every unit. Their smokers are all insulated, very fuel effecient and have EVERYTHING that you could ever think that you might possibly want in a smoker. These guys make top notch stuff....

Very nice looking smoker. :thumb:

So, how long can you go on a single fuel load?

Good looking Food and nice looking smoker. Ive heard people say they ran hot. Cant wait for a long cook report.

Back