Weekend Trials & Tribulations(with Pron)

TeamRMS

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Since i am still learning the whole smoking/smoker ordeal i decided to try my hand at pulled pork. Picked up 2- 7 pound pork shoulder from sams the other day. Rubbed with a combination of Rendezvous/Famous Daves seasonings. Smoked @ 250 deg for about 10.5 hours pulled off @ 195 deg and let rest for a bit, then pulled the meat. I have to say it was awesome!!! Had good bark and the flavor and juiciness was amazing.

Sunday i canned about 40 quarts of homemade salsa, so i decided to make pulled pork tacos for supper. Also while i was canning on sunday it was such a gorgeous day out i decided to fire up the smoker again and threw on a couple fatties i stuffed with cream cheese, green pepper, jalapeno and shredded cheddar. Rubbed with the same mixture as pulled pork. I overstuffed one of the fatties and learned what happens when you do this, it exploded :doh:. The other one came out perfect.

Here are the pics, sorry for the carrpiness of the pics my camera is goofed up. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 0212110737.jpg
    0212110737.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 183
  • 0212111745.jpg
    0212111745.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 181
  • 0212111854.jpg
    0212111854.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 181
  • 0213111829.jpg
    0213111829.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 180
  • 0213111311.jpg
    0213111311.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 179
  • 0213111218.jpg
    0213111218.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 179
  • 0213111600.jpg
    0213111600.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 181
Nice work! It doesn't get much better than pulled pork.

Great looking pork and fatties!:thumb: Too bad about the blowout.

Everything looks great!! Love the taco too! :cool:

Nice job!! I haven't tried stuffing fatties yet. What was the tipping point as far as filling? I'd like to avoid the same fate.

Nice job! The tacos look nice. The pork looks great too.

Nice job!! I haven't tried stuffing fatties yet. What was the tipping point as far as filling? I'd like to avoid the same fate.

Im still learning at this so i may be off base, but the tipping point in my case was i struggled sealing the roll up. I finally got it sealed but it would nver seal up the way the other roll did. I think alot of it depends on how much meat you are using to wich if i would have had a tad more meat i think it would have been fine.

Thanks for all the compliments, i appreciate it. That was the first time i have ever had pulled pork tacos. They were so good, especially with the salsa that we made.

Man the pics from this weekend make me sad.

My Pits in the Shop....and I only have one :(

Pulled pork is just so good and it makes everybody happy. Great job! I'm guessing your fattie blowout made a bit of a mess....

Pulled pork is just so good and it makes everybody happy. Great job! I'm guessing your fattie blowout made a bit of a mess....

Thanks, Yea it was a bit of a mess, i had it on foil but it still got all over the place lol.

Grub looks Great. I wanted to see the "Exploded" fattie.

Its kind of hard to see, but in the last pic i posted in the background u can see the reminents of the eploded fattie. Basically the whole top of the fattie came off so it was kind of like a fattie bowl :becky: with melted gooey goodness.

Your officially addicted! Everything looks great! Thanks for sharing.

what i've seen done, not that i have ever done it.. :-D, is not having the sausage spread thin enough.. i use a gallon zip lock to size the roll.. i put in 1.5#s of sausage and smush (technical chef'n word) it until its the size of the bag. then i cut down the sides of the bag. stuff the crap out of them and roll. i try and get at least 1.5 rolls, no filling in the last 1/2 of the sausage.. using the plastic, roll it tight. then i roll it in plastic wrap and twist the ends to make sort of a hot dog looking thing. toss that in the fridge. then its a 7 strip wide bacon weave.. easy, consitant sizes... which means conistant cook times.. nice..

Back