Smokin My Belly PrOn

CharredApron

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Picked up a 5 lb pork belly today, after going through the archives and reading some wonderful posts I wanted to try something different.
PorkBelly001_zpsf38de77a.jpg

So I scored the skin, spiced the inside with Chinese 5 Spice and rolled into a log and secured it with speed wrap.

PorkBelly002_zpsdd4a6ef1.jpg

I seasoned the outside with Himalayan Pink Salt & fresh ground pepper corns.
http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s619/hometruckin/PorkBelly003_zps3a03fb33.jpg

Close up
PorkBelly005_zps162ef335.jpg

My vision Kamado should be up to temp now so it's off to man the fires aided by a few brews.
I'll check back witcha soon!
Thanks for lookin,
jed

Last edited:
Jed, if you click on the "image tags" tab on the right side of the Photobucket page, you can then copy the image code links and paste them right into your post here so we can see them.

Thanks I am trying to get the hang of this thang I am farkin dumb sometimes!

Still hanging out with my belly..out...side that is. She's at 180 and been moping it with Hoisin sauce, maple syrup, soy sauce mirin, and apple cider vinegar. Smells wicked good!

Why the speedwrap?

That looks like a great start.

Did you rub it with pink salt and whatnot, then put it on the smoker. Or did you cure it for a bit first?

Matt

Did you rub it with pink salt and whatnot, then put it on the smoker. Or did you cure it for a bit first?

Matt
No, straight to the smoker, I didn't want to make it bacon. Trying something new

Wow I must have this !!!! please pm me with detailed step by step and list of ingredients ! I need to make this now lol looks amazing nice job my friend

It will be great, I have been smoking bellies for a while now, never disappointed. And that one looks terrific already.

It will be great, I have been smoking bellies for a while now, never disappointed. And that one looks terrific already.
Thanks, I just moved it to the oven and wrapped it. IT is at 188 and it's really soft inside. But I want to render more fat from it. Am I farking nuts?

Put another way, you are asking a Californian, of Japanese ancestry, who has studied BBQ and southern cuisine, who uses a platypus in a John Deere hat and overalls as an alter ego if you are nuts.

Back