MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:44 AM   #31
Q-Dat
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Is Up View Post
What about double sealing? I often find myself pulling out the FS for a single mission and I want to make it worth while. So, I double seal both sides for good measure. I haven't had a seal failure in the past few weeks since I've been doing that. Worthwhile? I think so, even though a single seal on each side should work.
Thanks but the issue with mine isn't the seal, its the strength of the pump. Its creating a good seal, it just isn't pulling all of the air out.
Q-Dat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-16-2013, 07:57 AM   #32
HankB
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ---k--- View Post
Now do you have any tips for keeping tiny food particles out of seal? I use a lot of bags. Frequently, putting the food into the bag leaves food residue on the top of the bag on the rough side. It will seal, but it leaks later.
I have an extra bag that I put the food in first, striving to keep food stuff off the outside of this bag. Then I insert it into the bag I plan to seal with the open end toward the bottom and pull out the inner bag. That usually leaves the upper portion of the bag I'm going to seal clean and dry.

If I see the vacuum sucking moisture out of the food and toward the seal, I hit the seal button (hopefully) before it gets to the seal area. For some really moist foods I put a piece of paper toweling in the bag.

I do not store my Foodsaver with the lid latched. I just set the lid down and put a piece of tape on it to keep it from flopping open during storage. So far the seals seem to be in good shape.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:09 AM   #33
Al Czervik
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Scott/Mongo

I've had many of the same issues as noted in other posts, especially with moist foods. A couple years ago, I started partially freezing moist foods uncovered for about an hour before vacu-sucking them. Haven't had a problem since.
(='.'=) Avatar by Chalupa
(")_(")
Al Czervik is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-16-2013, 10:12 AM   #34
Skidder
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Czervik View Post
I've had many of the same issues as noted in other posts, especially with moist foods. A couple years ago, I started partially freezing moist foods uncovered for about an hour before vacu-sucking them. Haven't had a problem since.
Best advice yet!
Skidder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-16-2013, 11:48 AM   #35
Big Portagee
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

I have also cleaned the pump by using the hose to suck in about 1 oz warm water. Then empty the drain cup. Follow that with a quick shot of silicone lubricant.
Big Portagee is offline   Reply With Quote