MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-11-2012, 04:28 PM   #16
Bob in St. Louis
Babbling Farker

Hey, cool.....I just noticed you're in STL. Sweet!
Bob in St. Louis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-14-2012, 02:13 PM   #17
GrillinFool
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in St. Louis View Post
Hey, cool.....I just noticed you're in STL. Sweet!
Yes I am, Bob. You can see myself or one of my other two Grillin' Fools Compatriots on Channel 5 every Sunday Morning at 10:30 on the Rams Taligating show.

As for the cost. I think I paid $17/pound for that at the Schnuck's on Manchester/Ballas. I think it's a little cheaper at Sam's, but you have to buy the two pack. I was able to buy just 5 bones which was exactly a pound ringing up at $17 and tax...
GrillinFool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-14-2012, 02:42 PM   #18
Bob in St. Louis
Babbling Farker

Oh cool. I'll have my wife set the DVR so I can check you guys out.

I work right down the street from that Schnucks you're talking about, but have never been in. Looks like it's time for me to check it out.
Thank you!

Bob

p.s. GO CARDS !!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-14-2012, 06:12 PM   #19
juslearning
is one Smokin' Farker

Those looks fantastic!!!!!
Proud supporter of #14 Tony Stewart. Go Smoke!!!!
juslearning is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-15-2012, 04:43 AM   #20
SmokinAussie
somebody shut me the fark up.

Location: Gold Coast, Queensland! (Finally Escaped Melbourne)
Name/Nickname : Bill

Well, lamb is as cheap as chips here, but you've treated that lamb like the most expensive cut of meat there is!

You're no fool, Grillin Fool!

Congrats!

Cheers!

Bill
SmokinAussie is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 10-15-2012, 05:14 AM   #21
Clayfish
Full Fledged Farker

GrillinFool: that is some of the best lamb I've seen for a while, the post marinade totally makes sense. Thanks for sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyleach View Post
Simply beautiful! Lamb is right at the top on my list of all time fav's. Very nicely done. It's just too bad it costs so darn much. They put the darn sheep out in the pastures to keep the weeds down.....so why's it so expensive. New Zealand's got more sheep than people....
Humans are only outnumbered by sheep 15 to one - good thing we never gave them the vote!
22" WSM, 22" OTG, [COLOR=navy][B]Jumbo Joe[/B][/COLOR], WSJ, Mini WSM, WGA, Maverick ET-732, [COLOR=red][B]Red [/B][/COLOR]Thermapen and a twelve year old gasser which hasn't come out of the shed since I got a taste of charcoal!
Clayfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-15-2012, 12:48 PM   #22
Just BS
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrillinFool View Post
As for the cost. I think I paid $17/pound for that at the Schnuck's on Manchester/Ballas. I think it's a little cheaper at Sam's, but you have to buy the two pack. I was able to buy just 5 bones which was exactly a pound ringing up at $17 and tax...
$17/pound!

I have three daughters who are in 4H and we raise a couple of lambs and goats a year to take to fair and be auctioned off for market. After they are butchered, they cost about $4/pound... I had no idea.
Just BS is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-15-2012, 04:14 PM   #23
Bob in St. Louis
Babbling Farker

I see what you mean, but we're talking about opposite ends of the economic food chain. You're on the "source" end, and he's talking about end user retail price.
There's a lot of needy fingers inbetween wanting their piece of that pie. ha ha ha

Old 10-15-2012, 04:51 PM   #24
thirdeye
somebody shut me the fark up.

Great how-to, and wonderful recipes. Lamb is popular in my neck of the woods.

When I first was turned on to this method it was by accident.... it was an adaptation of a Chimichurri marinade and sauce, (intended for beef or fish).... but I used lamb and really liked it. The recipe called for reserving 1/3 in a separate dish for serving at the table.

Barbecuist ~ Charcuterist ~ KCBS Master Judge & CTC
Big Green Eggs, Big Drum Smokers, Big Chiefs, Weber Smokey Joe "Custom Tall Boy"
Oil Patch Horizontal, SnS Deluxe Kettle

Visit my Cookin' Site by clicking HERE
Barbecue is not rocket surgery
“The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity” ~ Abraham Lincoln
thirdeye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-15-2012, 07:03 PM   #25
willowrun
Knows what a fatty is.

That looks wonderful! I love a well cooked pice of lamb!

Old 10-15-2012, 08:12 PM   #26
J-Rod
is One Chatty Farker

Very well done chef!

Old 10-16-2012, 01:55 PM   #27
GrillinFool
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in St. Louis View Post
Oh cool. I'll have my wife set the DVR so I can check you guys out.

I work right down the street from that Schnucks you're talking about, but have never been in. Looks like it's time for me to check it out.
Thank you!

Bob

p.s. GO CARDS !!!!!!!!!!
That place is nuts. They have dry aged steaks they age right there on the premises. I got this berkshire bone in pork loin there that I garlic studded and coated with an herb glaze. The full recipe is here if you want to see it. But here's one of the pics:

They also have some amazing seafood. Their selection isn't quite Bob's but the quality is close... It taint cheap and the snobbery in that place is at an all time high, but I don't care. Good meat is good meat!

Old 10-16-2012, 01:57 PM   #28
GrillinFool
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdeye View Post
Great how-to, and wonderful recipes. Lamb is popular in my neck of the woods.

When I first was turned on to this method it was by accident.... it was an adaptation of a Chimichurri marinade and sauce, (intended for beef or fish).... but I used lamb and really liked it. The recipe called for reserving 1/3 in a separate dish for serving at the table.
Chimichurri lamb

I gotta hear the recipe for this! Can you give me the specifics. We're talking about mixing two of my favorite things! I gotta make that...

Old 10-16-2012, 02:00 PM   #29
GrillinFool
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Rod View Post
Very well done chef!
I'm not a chef. Chefs are people that train for it. Calling me a chef is like me telling you to drink hot tea with lemon and honey for a sore throat and calling me a doctor. I respect the hell out of chefs and try to glean as much info from them as possible when I can. I'm a pretty good indoor cook, a better than average outdoor pit man who happens to have a website, camera, and is called by local TV stations all the time to do cooking demos :shrug:

Old 10-16-2012, 02:34 PM   #30
Bob in St. Louis
Babbling Farker

Well, I would expect the snobbery in west county to be at an all time high anyway, so walking into the store where they all shop it wouldn't surprise me! HAHA

I have already "ripped off" your Berkshire recipe, the day you posted it. Took me a few minutes the other day to realize "hey, this is the guy that posted the awesome pork loin recipe"!!!

Your website is fantastic. The grilled Roma tomatos with cheese are also on my "to cook" list.

Bob