My First GC And 180 Perfect Score

Thanks everyone! It was a lot of fun! This is all in preparation for the 'real' contests. First up, Sam's Club Sacramento in a month!

It was nice meeting you Adam and congrats on the win.

Good Job Adam, I am sure there are plenty more calls for you and the crew.

Congratulations on the win at Ric's Huminie, nice going on the 180 as well. Isn't that judging where you can hear the comments great? Those cupcakes could get a 180 as well.

The open judging was definitely fantastic! I have a lot of areas to improve, and those judges didn't hold back! Chicken was the roughest for us. In fact one judge said our chicken tasted like "dirt"! Gonna need to work some more on that flavor profile, as I wasn't really trying to go for dirt! LOL It was funny hearing the judges debate different aspects as well.

I can't take any credit for the cupcakes. My two daughters did those. My older daughter baked them and designed them, and my younger daughter put them all together at the contest. It was a really good way to involve the two of them in the competition though. Even though there was no dessert category, they were very popular with the crowd!

It was nice meeting you Adam and congrats on the win.

It was good to meet you as well! I think meeting everyone and getting a chance to talk was my favorite part of the day. So many good folks in barbeque!

Congrats. Im super stoked for you! Im wish I could have tasted that perfect tri-tip!

Congrats to you. Maybe he meant you should of had Todd's DIRT on your chicken. lol. That is a great trophy.

Fortunately, this is a perpetual trophy...I only had to take the plaque on top home! LOL The base stays there and we get our name engraved on it for all eternity! haahaa!

What do I think? I think you should, with boxes like those, get into some real contests. The Ribs and Chicken look so good I wanna renew my KCBS membership. Good Job. I think your talents exceed the competition you are in.

It's always great to see a family come together and put forth the effort your team did at a competition. Congrats on all the hard work paying off. Food looks great. Best of Luck @ Sams.

Outstanding! My first two backyard rib entries couldn't touch those!

Back