• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Comparison prices

deathamphetamine

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Was just reading Expatpig's thread about HD. I know all of us at one point or another get bent over backwards by the retail elite. It's hard to pay for something when you know it isn't worth it but for the average guy we do it.

I want to start a thread comparing the prices of bbq's and bbq related items just to give everyone a heads up on where to be shopping. Went and had dinner at my folks house for mom's birthday tonight. My brother was flipping through flyers ( as usual ) looking for a New Gas Grill. He was looking at a Wally World special and I said, " They are built cheap, get a good one" or something to that effect. So we look on HD's site at some Webers, This is what we found.

http://www.homedepot.com/Outdoors-G...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

and in Canada here is the same grill even though our dollar is almost par.

http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogSearchResultView?D=909214&Ntt=909214&catalogId=10051&langId=-15&storeId=10051&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntx=mode+matchall&recN=172417%204294967232&N=0&Ntk=P_PartNumber

Keeping in mind that it is on sale for 249.80 off !! :confused::evil: A regular price of 1498.80 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! come on really!!

Anyway I like to see some more comparisons if you have any, WE need to find the good deals!!!!

My brother lives in Canada.
Only hobby we seem to share is bicycling.

Least now I get why he's never gone the route of BBQ.
Jeeze.

There are no duties on goods manufactured in North America, shipping can't be that much, after all HD prices are about the same from Miami to Seattle. I believe it's because retailers know that if you want it you will pay the price.

its the buying power thats the difference

US with 10X the market vs little itty bitty Canada

get some made in canada broil king, too bad they dont have any charcoal bbq's

I moved here from the states before realizing how expensive it was going to be to practice my passion...bbq. Napoleon makes a charcoal grill, but I'm not sure if it's made in Barrie.

Back