• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Buffalo Chicken ABTs

TrustTheDust

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has tried this before, but these things turned out pretty damn good. This little concoction was a Franklinstein creation of two of my favorite appetizers: ABTs and Buffalo Chicken Dip. Here is my step-by-step creation process if this seems to tickle your fancy.

The first step was to make a "Beer Can Franklin Chicken". I used a simple rub of whatever I had in the spice cabinet (some garlic, basil, pepper) and basted with butter. Cooked on my Weber gasser and topped with Benjamin Franklin's head.

4377078963_5bab85c00e.jpg

Once that was done, I pulled "Beer Can Franklin" into bite-sized chunks suitable for pepper stuffing.

Next step, I hollowed out some jalapeno peppers with my trusty chile twister.
4377013683_2b62e119ac.jpg

After I had not-so-thoroughly washed my hands and scratched my eyes a few times, I was ready to make the stuffing. I took some Frank's Wing Sauce and mixed it in with the chicken I had pulled. Then I added the sauced-up chicken to a brick of cream cheese. Make sure to use the good stuff, that fat-free business is for the birds.

4377765132_4c7c695da7.jpg

(Nuclear fall-out orange is the appropriate color)

Stuffed my cored jalepenos...
4377766614_f912c372f0.jpg

Wrapped with bacon, and tossed them on the grill.
4377017855_e4d181c05e.jpg

4377019649_97bdc3c159.jpg

These things turned out awesome. I recommend you try these tasty little critters for your next champagne jam.

Thanks for the idea. I'll try them soon as the spring thaw comes by here.

Man does that look and sound good- now added to my to do list- Thanx.

deguerre said:
Man, that stuffing mixture looks like it would make a great dip too. Excellent ABTs!

For the dip I layer cream cheese blocks, then the saucy chicken, and top with mozzarella then bake until bubbly. Sometimes I toss some gorganzola ontop too. If you are a wing fan, it rocks.

Man I can't wait to make that, but I am not sure where I am going to get a Ben Franklin head to make the chicken with. Looks awsome.

Big Mike

They look great ! Buffalo chicken dip rocks!! I use hooters wing sauce. This is a must make on my list.

Back