is this a weber?

NO. At first it looks like one, but if you look closely where the lid meets the bowl, it has too steep of a rise, Weber's are have a curved shape. Either way it's old school, you can tell by the wooden handles. Weber stopped making them and switched to plastic.

Nope, I don't know the brand but I've seen it at Walmart for sure.

They sold for around $40 if I remember.

Nope...shape of the lid is different and the I think the vent don't look Weber-ish.

Well, i guess the consensus is that this is not a weber -so i guess I won't be getting it.
Thank y'all for your replies

For 25 bucks you might have a nice top for another UDS though.

Would make a great UDS lid for sure! (if it's 22 inch)

YES it is a weber.

It's a classic 1970's Bar-B-Kettle...

Grab it quick...

YES it is a weber.

It's a classic 1970's Bar-B-Kettle...

Grab it quick...

I agree. At first glance I saw a ring a couple of inches below the side handles, but a second look told me that is just a reflection of the cooler sitting next to it.

I agree. At first glance I saw a ring a couple of inches below the side handles, but a second look told me that is just a reflection of the cooler sitting next to it.

It's also probably the 26inch version and for $25.00 I would be all over that thing. Quick...

**Happy Cooker**

An edumicated guess would say that it is a Happy Cooker, and not a Weber. Looking at the design of the lid it resembles an old style 18" and 26" kettle. You can tell by the handles on the lid and bowl, they are bolt on and there is no handle frame on the kettles.

I have had two Black 22" Happy Cooker kettles that were sacrificed to the Drum Smoker gods and the steel is a bit thinner than a Weber. I have looked at and passed on a Red and Copper/Brown Happy cookers in the past, they both had black painted legs, and if you saw them from a distance or wasn't a Weber Queer like me you wouldn't know the difference.

It might be worth a look to see if it was indeed a 26" kettle- if it is I'd pay $25 for it.

Just sayin'

Look at it compared to the width of the storage container. Doubt if it is 26"

Back