Where do you get your wood chunks?

Here in Orange County, I buy my wood chunks at The Wood Shed. They also sell regular firewood.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried cowboy Hardwood chunks, or is it garbage like their lump charcoal?

It's chunks of wood. Cowboy's chunks of wood are the same as anybody else's chunks of wood. Trees don't have brands on them. :biggrin1: If you want to pay $8 for a few pounds of hickory or apple chunks that you could get for free from a tree, it don't really matter what "brand" it is.

I pick up some from local BBQ store on occasion. I also get lots of wood from friends that have apple trees. I got a whole cherry wood tree last year from a friend that knew I like to BBQ.

I made up some cards with my name and phone #, a note that says " I see you have some trees that need trimming. I will trade you the free trimming if I can keep the wood" you can get them printed on vista print for free. sometimes the people call back, sometimes they don;t. I just take new ways home from work everyfew days. if they don;t call no loss. it they do cool, you get some free wood.

Back