is one Smokin' Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
PictureorVideo447-1.jpg
IMG%5D
a%3E
I am gettin pumped up to throw some turkeys on the smokers
IMG%5D
for Thanksgiving!! Here is a pic of last years bird.

Out of curiosity, what temp did you cook that at? Looks pretty darn good.

Have one thawing right now ,going to smoke it sunday. would be nice to know what temp and how long?

I inject with Tony Chaechere's Creale style butter all over the bird.Rub the bird with oil Shake on some seasoning rub and I Get my WSM up to 350* dome temp throw a chunk of cherry on for smoke and when breast temp is 165* I pull it out and let sit for 15 min or so. I also stuff the bird with sliced oranges,onions and apples before putting on the cooker. Moist and wonderful every time!!

Nice looking bird ya got there. I have PM nd you with address to send. Just kidding. Nice work. Its all good :icon_bigsmil

That is a nice looking bird Terry! I was reading an E-mail from Sausage Maker claiming that larger Turkeys smoke better. I like 12-15 lb birds, how about you?

Looks good man!:biggrin:

Thank you. I like temps 325* to 350*. I have no problem getting there in a WSM, all vents wide open. 2.5 to 3 hours later AWESOME TURKEY!!

I agree - AWESOME BIRD:-D. Do you use water or sand in the pan, leave the pan empty or what?

got a question!!! I'm doing a bird today, and it's been a long time since my one and only turkey test... do you just leave the thing on it's back the whole time it's cooking?

got a question!!! I'm doing a bird today, and it's been a long time since my one and only turkey test... do you just leave the thing on it's back the whole time it's cooking?

Yes, I put it in on its back and let the WSM work it's wonders!!

Back