Chipotle pulled pork burritos (pron included)

42BBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Finally fired up my UDS again. Results were great. Here's the blueprint: 9# butt (bone in) rubbed with Bad Byron's Butt Rub, smoked on K and two chunks of apple wood for 12 hours. Weird but it only hit 186* internal temp after 12 hours. UDS rocked from 220 to 240 solid for 12 hours. Internal temp only went from 180 to 186 over last 5 hours in the smoker. Had to pull it due to time constraints (hungry guests). Fall apart tender even without hitting the target internal temp of 200*.

Also fired up some MOINK balls and ABT's for the first time. The MOINK balls were really good but the ABT's turned out awesome. After popping his first ever ABT into his mouth my buddy said that his mouth and the ABT were making love to each other. Never heard eating food described that way, took it to mean they were dang good!

Back to the pork, pulled it, put home made chipotle bbq sauce on it, served on warm tortillas with Goya black beans and rice, garden fresh tomato chunks, shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream. Best Que I've made yet. Enjoy the pron. One more thing, the pic of my 2 year old son next to the UDS was priceless, he's learning to Que at 0600 hours already!

Last edited:
That looks great. I really like the way you did the ABT's. I might try some that way next time (flat w/ skewers). :thumb:

I don't have a pepper rack so the skewers were kinda my only option. Flat kept the cream cheese from leaking too. ABT's are going to pretty much be a part of every smoke from here on out, cheap and delicious. Does it get any better?

Back