MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-24-2016, 02:24 PM   #1
lantern
is Blowin Smoke!

Default A question for those that don't like mustard....

How do you eat your burgers and hot dogs?

This is a serious question. What is your favorite or at least standard toppings for A- hamburgers and B- hotdogs?

I'm interested as my wife has a serious problem with mustard and vinegar...and pickles(I asked if she REALLY was from North Carolina ). As in if I want to make a mustard sauce it better be done and gone(the smell) before she gets home. She loves burgers and dogs, but they generally look like vehicles to carry cheese and chili than they are burgers and dogs. Was wondering if other folks that have the same problem eat theirs similarly or if they just simply omit them and eat all the other toppings.

Thanks from:--->

Old 06-24-2016, 02:36 PM   #2
BillN
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Bill

For burgers it's HFCS free ketchup then anything else I can think of usually no mustard however a dog must have mustard and no ketchup.
PK 360 w/Grill Grates
BillN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2016, 02:42 PM   #3
dadsr4

For burgers, it's leaf lettuce, tomato, and a slice of onion. Maybe some mayo. A quality fresh ground meat, 80/20 mix, cooked medium rare, is a must for flavor.
For hot dogs, bean less chili and onions, or sauerkraut. But it has to be a good quality dog, all beef.

Thanks from: --->
Old 06-24-2016, 02:42 PM   #4
cullenbranson
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Cullen

My favorite way to enjoy a burger is a light slather of mayo on the bottom bun followed by a six ounce patty heavily seasoned with S+P, topped with american or cheddar cheese, then a little squirt of ketchup. I do many other things ranging from LTOP to eggs, potato chips, whatever. But I find myself wanting that stripped-down version often, especially when I got my hands on a good grind/mix of meat.

For dogs anything goes, including just ketchup. I prefer new york style or chili. But it's all good.

Old 06-24-2016, 02:45 PM   #5
nmeyer414
is One Chatty Farker

I think you got a defective model, did you get the extended warranty or just the factory once you have drove it you cant return it warranty....................?

Thanks from: --->
Old 06-24-2016, 03:04 PM   #6
Evil-g
is Blowin Smoke!

Lantern, I do sympathize with your wife.

I am the king of I don't like anything. Tomatoes, ketchup, mustard, mayo, relish, olives and pickles, pretty much all condiments I don't like them. I will however eat steak sauce, bbq sauce, salsa and anything with tomato sauce. I also like vinegar. Hell I even eat potato salad dry.

On hamburgers I like cheese, lettuce and onion with bbq sauce if available. For hot dogs I go with cheese and onions and bbq sauce if available. I do like hot dog sauce.
Backyard Grill 26 inch
Pit Barrel Cooker
Evil-g is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2016, 03:06 PM   #7
dadsr4

My wife also has a thing against vinegar. I have to make two different types of potato salad, cole slaw, anything that is vinegar based.
We have all sorts of fancy vinegars, which she uses sparingly in her dishes. I go through cider vinegar by the gallon.
It all evens out. She loves capsaicin, to the extent that I can't eat what she cooks. In the end, it's a minor thing. We've been married since 1979, and are still learning. I made too vinegary a salad just this past weekend. She went into the kitchen and made her own, and did I hear about it!

Old 06-24-2016, 03:12 PM   #8
mjpmap
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Mike

If you have never heard of or tried HP sauce, I'd give it a try. It's a steak type sauce made in the UK but readily available in the US. Sometimes you have to go the the international food isle to find it. I can't imagine a dog or burger without mustard, but HP might be your solution.

Old 06-24-2016, 03:14 PM   #9
cats49er
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Stacy Robertson

Every thing will be fine ,as long as she doesn't complain about your beer drinking or love making.

Old 06-24-2016, 03:19 PM   #10
tom b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats49er View Post
Every thing will be fine ,as long as she doesn't complain about your beer drinking or love making.
^^^^I'll go with this^^^^^

Old 06-24-2016, 03:22 PM   #11
The Meeper
Full Fledged Farker

if you can get you hands on the Disaster Bay Chilli company's spicey Kasoundi relish it will send any burger to the superstar league. Their chilli wine also makes for an interesting addition to marinades as well

Old 06-24-2016, 03:28 PM   #12
Maylar
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Dave

Ketchup and relish on a dog if mustard isn't possible. Blasphemy, I know, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Burgers don't need mustard anyway. Mayo works, as does BBQ sauce.

Old 06-24-2016, 03:52 PM   #13
Texmex01
Take a breath!

Name/Nickname : J.R.

No Mayo....ever.

Old 06-24-2016, 04:07 PM   #14
T.Mac
is one Smokin' Farker

Anyone who doesn't like mustard should steer clear of my fridge. There's usually 5+ varieties in there from whole grain, to Dijon. Sriracha, traditional yellow, wasabi horseradish, beer, etc.

Old 06-24-2016, 04:43 PM   #15
jermoQ
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeremy

A wiener without mustard? Hmm, not sure that is legal? Chili cheese is good along with sweet relish.

Some time ago after I was married, my wife got me doing ketchup and mayo on a burger, along with your other stuff. Your wife prolly wouldn't like A-1 but I also like it on a burger.