MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 09-27-2013, 10:03 AM   #46
Yeller
Found some matches.

Rick, sounds like this guy was pretty new at his job...lucky he didn't get a themapen as a rectum thermometer...BTW are you West Valley now?
Yeller is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2013, 10:45 AM   #47
McEvoy AZ
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeller View Post
Rick, sounds like this guy was pretty new at his job...lucky he didn't get a themapen as a rectum thermometer...BTW are you West Valley now?
Yes, I moved to Laveen.
McEvoy AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2013, 10:46 AM   #48
Kit R
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickkva View Post
So true! We got lucky and had a nice inspector, but there was another "team" of inspectors that were epic *ssholes. Pepper Monkey was told to take down their decorative toy stuffed monkey they had hanging from their tent.

That one team of inspectors was on a power trip.
Although I think Mike might have been referring to a different VA comp than the one you're talking about, I heard the tales of that day. Joel and Erin are some of the most organized, sanitary minded competitors out there. When they get a ration of you know what, then you know it's bad. I did not participate in PC at the comp you're referring to. I did, however, participate at another one as a favor to the organizer. It did not go well on a number of levels.

Old 09-27-2013, 12:07 PM   #49
Stoke&Smoke
Babbling Farker

Happened to us at Milwaukee the last year they had the comp. Inspector didn't mess with my meat though. He saw the 3 tubs, sanitizing test strips, and cambros and moved on. Gave our next door neighbors some grief though. We weren't doing peoples choice so I really don't know what the heck he was doing
KCBS CJ/TC #17139 Member ILBBQS
Too many cookers to list :crazy:
Stoke&Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2013, 12:48 PM   #50
Rich Parker
Babbling Farker

We had an HD inspector at a comp once only suppose to be inspecting the teams doing the people's choice but he decided it was up to him to inspect everyone. I locked my trailer and walked away as I wasn't going to deal with that. Give some people a little bit of power and they can't handle themselves.