• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Monday Night Pizza

Groundhog66

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I hadn't made pizza for quite some time, it doesn't really mesh well with my desire to lose weight. But, it's the Holiday's, so what the heck...

I used dough from Trader Joe's as per usual, GO PACKERS!

6582501111_1d3871347d_b.jpg

It definitely could have used a bit more proofing time, but I got a bit of a late start.

6582499797_e607dfda31_b.jpg

Since I didn't have any parchment paper, I had to opt for a thicker crust. Last time I tried thin without using parchment, I ended up making a calzone :tsk:. And since the dough wasn't as relaxed as I would have liked it, I allowed it to take it's desired shape without fighting it too much.

6582499057_84de81561f_b.jpg

On the BGE @ 450 degrees.

6582500341_9fb2fcd8c5_b.jpg

This one took about 13 minutes, turned out pretty well. I was surprised I enjoyed the thick crust as much as I did, TJ's dough has really nice flavor. The interior of the crust was moist, and the bottom a bit crisp and golden.

6582501873_d70e5556eb_b.jpg

I enjoyed a couple pieces of the first, before building the second pie. During this cook, I was reminded as to why I prefer using Wicked Good lump instead of Royal Oak. The Royal Oak was already running on empty, and having trouble keeping the temp above 400. But, it limped to completion with an additional 5 minutes or so. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a final pic of the second pie. But trust me, it looked just like the first, just a little more uniform shape :wink:

6582502365_1d11f45174_b.jpg

looks good brotha, I'm glad someone else isn't afraid to gain a couple pounds back during the holidays. Moderation right?? :roll:

looks good brotha, I'm glad someone else isn't afraid to gain a couple pounds back during the holidays. Moderation right?? :roll:

You need to make it over my way, sooner than later :wink:

Doesn't get any better than that! Oh yea, the pizza looks good too.:thumb:

GO PACK GO!!!

The pizza was just an excuse to post a pic of the towel :becky:

Beautiful. That almost looks like a hot sopressata. Nice color.

Thank you my friend :becky:

Pizza looks great! I made some last week with my son, and had such a great time, Harvard and I will be doing it again sometime this week. Nothing like homemade pizza! Let's your creativity run wild!!

There is an old saying...The taste is mightier than the shape...or something like that...I don't really remember. Looks like success to me!:thumb:

Groundhog,

I made my first pizza in your honor. I'm calling this tasty morsel..."The Tim Special"!

Attachments

• tim.jpg
    tim.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 75
  • tim2.jpg
    tim2.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 75
There is an old saying...The taste is mightier than the shape...or something like that...I don't really remember. Looks like success to me!:thumb:

Ummmm, yeah....I think I've heard that before :wink:

Groundhog,

I made my first pizza in your honor. I'm calling this tasty morsel..."The Tim Special"!

YAY!!! :clap2::clap2::clap2: I've never had anything named after me before. :becky:

HEY...WAIT A MINUTE...is that...............BRISKET? :tsk:

:wink:

Groundhog66 said:
YAY!!! :clap2::clap2::clap2: I've never had anything named after me before. :becky:

HEY...WAIT A MINUTE...is that...............BRISKET? :tsk:

:wink:

I had not noticed....Why yes it is...it's 100% Brisket Flat on your favorite Trader Joe's crust!

......and it is GOOOOOODDDDD!:bow:

Back