Moink faq

Hey! I just looked at the title of this thread, and it's all wrong! It says Moink faq:shock: That can't be right? Now I'm confused! Is it Moink or MOINK? This whole thread could be out of order:confused:

D'oh.

picture.php

Just Funnin with you LARRY.

Mike D

DennD - yes, you are not the only one who failed to use the proper, trademarked name MOINK. Now...for the gospel...you are forgiven. Go and use lowercase no more! :)

< - noting that this thread is close to needing an exorcism -> LOL

But if i mix Beef(moo) AND Pork(oink) in the meatballs, technically its still a Moink..

and what if I use turkey bacon? Then is it moinkgobble?

inquiring minds what to know.
There ain't no such thing as turkey bacon. Bacon is pork. Just ask the pig.

Just wondering.... what would they be called if someone tried making moinkballs using swedish meatballs?

Since no one seemed to know, I looked it up..... and "MOINKballs" made with Swedish meatballs wouldn't be MOINKballs at all. It would be MUNOFFballs, since in Swedish, mu=moo and noff=oink. This site has really gotten me thinking about things I never would have imagined before!

Was just reading up on MOINKS cause I've never done them and wanted to do my research. I came across this wonderful thread. Bump for the newbs out there (me) and bump cause its really entertaining!

Interesting, can you stuff moink[sic] balls? :shocked::tsk:

Make all the bacon wrapped meatballs you'd like from whatever meatballs you choose. They just aren't world famous, loved by many MOINK Balls.

Take one pre-cooked, frozen (but thawed) meatball
Wrap with 1/2 slice of bacon
Rub with your favorite rub
Smoke in your smoker for about 90 minutes at 225 degrees
Glaze or sauce if you so desire.

Eat and enjoy...

Since coming up with this little treat last summer I have been amazed at the discussions that keep coming up about a stupid appetizer.

Why is it necessary to change something? Why is it necessary to call something that's not a MOINK Ball a MOINK Ball.

If I make Osso Bucco but use a different meat other than veal it's not Osso Bucco. Some people might call it Osso Bucco, but it's not.

There's a history to the MOINK Ball. A history of one of the best weekends I've ever spent with some dear, dear friends. I guess in my somewhat warped mind, when you want to mess with MOINK Balls, you are messing with that memory.

Some have accused me of being a little overly sensitive when it comes to MOINK Balls and maybe I am, but I came up with these appetizers for the wedding of the daughter of some special family friends and named it in memory of an event with some of my favorite BBQ friends. So, yeah I guess I am senstive about it.

Do what you want with the recipe, just don't call it MOINK.

Okay, rant over. That's just a tad too serious for first thing in the morning...

Now I understand where all the animosity stems from :laugh:

Back