Favorite Sides

Most times my sides are just white bread and jalapeno slices. But for a more filling side it's gotta be BBQ Beans with chopped brisket in em, if not I take mac and cheese, corn on the cob, or even a nice cold, creamy slaw. Is beer considered a side?:-D

beer, beans, cole slaw

I am gonna try crackers though, that idea appeals to me

I big ol pot of Brown Beans is my go to on Brisket Sides... A little Cornbread never hurt either..

Pinto beans with the leftovers from the last smoke in them, potato salad, and slaw. Just the basics.

A few other sides like collard greens and black eye peas come to mind as well. A great Q joint that sadly closed years ago when the owner, Bill Parks, passed away had some fantastic sides like this.

Fresh corn on the cob when in season.....otherwise, pinto beans with homemade wheat bread. And of course, a ice cold beer to wash it all down.

We almost always do corn on the cob with BBQ. I like to put some fresh peaches on the plates for a little cool, sweet counterpunch.

BBQ Beans with lots of meat chunks. Probably more accurately defined as "BBQ Chili".

Smoked twice baked potatoes. I don't make them with 'Q'. They are a great side dish when eating a non-'Q' meal.

Back