Red River Rivalry at Fair Park (UT/OU)

Smoke'n Ice

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Smoke'n Ice has been selected as the "Taste of Texas" team to help introduce the new BBQ sauce "Garland Jack's Secret Six." We will be in the parking lot at 2nd avenue and Ash Street, Dallas (Fairpark area) from 7am onward Saturday offering our award winning pulled pork with all of the new flavors of this new and unique sauce from Kraft. Stop by and have some fun, not to mention the "TEXAS State Fair", the UT/OU game and a lot of tail gate parties. CU there!!:bow:

Well, cooked 200 pounds of pork butt on my FEC and found out some interesting things that I would have never know except for this amount of meat. The FEC cooks hotter on the left, next to the hopper than the exhaust side. Also, the meat next to the exhaust cooks at a much lower temp than any other shelf.

Had the FEC loaded with 4 butts per rack for a total of 16 butts at a time. Man, what a lot of grease. Had to be careful of fire because of it. Had a 55% loss factor (big surprise) and they are all cooked, pulled, vacuum packed in 5 pound bags and ready for tomorrow. Tried some of the new sauce and it has possibilities. Look for it in Wally World in the coming months.

Congrats on the Taste of Texas gig, hope all goes well.
I remember the Texas/Oklahoma weekend very well back in my Dallas days and since then always find myself in front of the tv for the game no matter where I am.
The nights of hanging at the corner of Commerce and Ackard were lots of fun, not to mention the old Adolphus Hotel.:clap2:

(Hook 'em)

Thanks for reminding me to stay away from downtown today. :laugh:

CD

Well, Texas sent the cheerleaders and forgot the football team.

Back