Canceled Order

To those of you who think the cancellation was over missing the date and I didn’t get the grill immediately, you obviously missed the point. Wasn’t the reason I canceled. I canceled because they charged me 2,400$ and ghosted me completely. If you have 2,400$ to drop on something and just let it hang out there without any word on when or if you will ever receive what you paid for, more power to you. I don’t. If I pay for something, I want to be kept informed on when I might get it. If you miss the date, call me and let me know. Had they done that, they would still have my business.

Totally get where you’re coming from. I don’t mind one bit having to wait for something. But lack of communication and worse yet “the runaround” is something I have little to no patience for. Just give it to me straight, stay in touch and I’m good :)

To those of you who think the cancellation was over missing the date and I didn’t get the grill immediately, you obviously missed the point. Wasn’t the reason I canceled. I canceled because they charged me 2,400$ and ghosted me completely. If you have 2,400$ to drop on something and just let it hang out there without any word on when or if you will ever receive what you paid for, more power to you. I don’t. If I pay for something, I want to be kept informed on when I might get it. If you miss the date, call me and let me know. Had they done that, they would still have my business.

Understand. Hope it works out to your satisfaction.

Have to call card company. I’m going to wait until Monday.

That is over the top annoying. I can't imagine what argument they are using for not giving you your money back. What can they possibly be saying?

That is over the top annoying. I can't imagine what argument they are using for not giving you your money back. What can they possibly be saying?

When I called for the refund, they guy told me I needed to email them in writing to cancel the order. They would then send out an credit card authorization form I had to fill out and sign to refund the money. Keep in mind the purchase was done over the phone without signing a credit card authorization form. Well, the form never came. I had to drive an hour to the store yesterday to see what the hell was up. They input my email address wrong and they got a return saying the email was undeliverable. So instead of calling me to get the correct email address, they did nothing. So I signed the form, but only the manager has the authorization to process refunds and of course she wasn’t there yesterday and don’t work weekends. I’ll call Monday and if it’s not initiated, I’ll call the bank and start that process.

Totally get where you’re coming from. I don’t mind one bit having to wait for something. But lack of communication and worse yet “the runaround” is something I have little to no patience for. Just give it to me straight, stay in touch and I’m good :)

Agree, but even better is to under promise and over deliver. When I ordered my Assassin Grill I was told, by Jeff, it would be 6 weeks. I got the call to come pick it up in just under 4 weeks.

That is how you do it. I mean, hell, that is how Scotty handled Captain Kirk...

Agree, but even better is to under promise and over deliver. When I ordered my Assassin Grill I was told, by Jeff, it would be 6 weeks. I got the call to come pick it up in just under 4 weeks.

That is how you do it. I mean, hell, that is how Scotty handled Captain Kirk...

Jeff told me the same thing when I ordered my 48”. When he called and said he was ready to ship, I was shocked....and excited!!!!

So, after reading this whole thing, I'm curious - what will you do if this cooker shows up before you get your money back? I sense this process is going to be long, drawn out and painfully frustrating. I understand where you're coming from. Years ago I cancelled a new cable hookup because it wasn't EXACTLY what they pitched me. That was easy. Just told them to come pick up their crap and switched back. This one not so much.

So, after reading this whole thing, I'm curious - what will you do if this cooker shows up before you get your money back? I sense this process is going to be long, drawn out and painfully frustrating. I understand where you're coming from. Years ago I cancelled a new cable hookup because it wasn't EXACTLY what they pitched me. That was easy. Just told them to come pick up their crap and switched back. This one not so much.

The cooker can come in today. They’re still going to refund my money and they can keep the cooker. At this point it’s about my refusal to support this type of business, not the cooker.

I'm getting a feeling you have change of heart or buyer's remorse perhaps. At least you're last sentence in the opening post mentions it.

I'm getting a feeling you have change of heart or buyer's remorse perhaps. At least you're last sentence in the opening post mentions it.

No buyers remorse. I’ve got an inquiry into Indigo pools to see if they have one in stock or when they expect to get one in.

So I placed an order a few weeks ago for a Yoder YS640S because I wanted a little bit more room than my MAK offers. Decided to purchase through one of their local dealers instead of going directly through Yoder. The guy that I dealt with at the store quoted me April 7th as the date they would have the grill in. So I paid for it and waited. As of today, no one ever called, so I called the store to check on the status. Guy tells me they’re waiting on Yoder to give them the OK to send their freight truck to pick it up. Might be the 16th of April or so. So I asked, what you’re telling me is you really don’t know when it will be here and no one bothered to call me and let me know? After going back and forth, I just canceled the order. Wasn’t the wait time, it was the lack of truthfulness that bothered me. Just be honest with me and tell me it’s going to be a month or two. I’m okay with waiting, just be honest about it and keep me up to date if something changes. Might be a sign I didn’t need it anyway...

Sorry to hear about your situation. Getting good customer service is the exception, not the rule these days. Just to add some perspective regarding wait times on the Yoders. Here’s my quick story, I got in on the MAK Brethren Group buy deal last month. I waited until the last day to order my 1*. It was such a big purchase for me that I wanted to cover all my bases. The other pellet cooker I was looking at was the Yoder 480. I won’t be doing big cooks so I know the 1* or the 480 would be the right cooker. During that week I called the Yoder dealer in my area to get out the door pricing so I could compare it to the MAK. Right off the bat he told me he only had 2 640s in stock, one already spoken for. He said the lead time on getting new inventory from Yoder, a 480 or 640 would be June at the earliest, he said it was all Covid related. Keep in mind this was early March. I know your beef is with the lack of communication but I just wanted to give you my experience on a similar scenario.

BTW, my MAK shipped yesterday. It was the day they promised it would ship, once they advised of lead time. Should be getting here next week.

Ordered a part to repair our dishwasher...... 6 months later it finally showed up

What's funny is the delay on the Yoder 640's is likely due to a 99cent transistor from China. The rest of it should be sourced from the US and steel is booming so no shortage there.

Last edited:
I had the opposite experience. I ordered a yoder ys640s on comp cart on Friday night from Gary's Bbq in Lynden Wa, and it was delivered 15 hours later. The smoker is solid!

Cancel order update

Update to the canceled order on the Yoder YS640S. Got my money back from the local company. I took advice from everyone, (thanks for the suggestions and support) and looked at Outlaw and other brands. For what the wife and I were looking for we thought the Yoder or LSG met our needs. I checked in with Gentrys in Orlando as someone suggested, but they never got back with me. I e-mailed Indigo pools in Venice as someone suggested, as these were the 2 closest dealers. Indigo got back with me the next day and gave me a quote. It was cheaper than ATBBQ. I called again today and spoke with Christina. Spent probably 10 minutes talking about stuff other than the grill (mostly Army related). Turns out they just got a shipment in and have them in stock. (Didn’t mind waiting, though). It’s been a busy week with 2 airborne operations this week, range and obstacle course tomorrow, and another 2 airborne operations next week. But managed to squeeze a day of Friday to go pick it up. They are even offering 10% off the accessories for military discount. They were very helpful and friendly. Not pushy at all, either. The icing on the cake is the wife agreed to keep the MAK too for when we cook different things at different temps. Worked out in the end, but a process to get there. Thanks again for everyone’s suggestions.

Good to know it worked out for you. A Yoder AND Mak in your arsenal! I’m jealous. Cheers!

Sounds like a great week on all sorts of fronts!

Hope the hits keep coming. Enjoy!

Back