MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-05-2018, 09:31 AM   #16
Beentown
is One Chatty Farker

This guy...

He has has had several folks in FB complain (selling pages) but then he threatens the admins with sueing them and they take it down.

We surely need a sticky to keep people from getting ripped off. Two I saw paid for concession rigs :o

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
SDG 26' Concession rig, Weber 22.5" x 3, RecTeq1250, UDS with IQ 110, Shirley Fabrication Cabinet Model 24x60 trailer, LS Grillz Large IVS w/offroad package (on the way), Humphreys Q'bed Pint, Assassin 48
Beentown is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2018, 01:54 PM   #17
DRMSMKER
Full Fledged Farker

I hate a thief... Best of luck recovering your money. Hope it's not a complete loss. Call your cc company and explain the situation and see if they will issue a charge back and let them handle the recovery.
DRMSMKER is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-05-2018, 04:52 PM   #18
ronbrad62
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5177 View Post
Not sure if anyone is still watching this thread but figured I'd chime in just the same.
I ordered my smoker, a 36 inch patio smoker back in April 2017 with a delivery date of approximately June 1, 2017. The quality looked great, the materials were heavy steel, and the price seemed amazing. But like all things that seem to be too good to be true, so are Built-Rite Smokers. Here I sit on Jan 4th, 2018 and I still have no smoker. 7 months beyond the expected delivery date with no end in site. In good faith I gave 50% up front for materials. That's money that I now believe I'm just out; lessons learned I suppose. It takes weeks and several repeated messages both on his cell, facebook, and now his landline just to get a response or return message if I'm lucky, and that's only after I use the term 'refund'. His responses are usually just him providing some excuse why it's still not done and promising that it's either 75% complete, will be done in the next week, next two weeks or by the end of the month. It's become a running joke with my wife on what his excuse will be this time, or what new bogus timeframe I'll get. I went back through my old messages with Donnie and found 7 promised and passed deadlines that he himself gave me.

To make a long story short, I would highly recommend that anyone considering a custom built smoker steer clear of Donnie Boston and Built-Rite Smokers. His smokers may be good quality (I wouldn't know since I'm well passed 7 months beyond my expected delivery date and haven't received my smoker yet), but they certainly aren't worth all the trouble and hassle. I've missed nearly an entire year of use at this point. Spend the money, find a reliable builder, and save yourself the trouble.
I have also been looking at this site, and couldn't find any more than you guys, so I typed the company name into the BBB search and came up with an unresolved complaint almost identical to this. I decided to cross this builder off of my list.
ronbrad62 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2018, 07:10 PM   #19
JDM46
is one Smokin' Farker

There is a reason some Fabricators want so much $$ up front.
As I have said before, it becomes a situation of" Robbing Peter to pay Paul".
Sooner or later Peter gets sore and nobody can do business with a sore Peter.(Just MHO of these situations)

Last edited by JDM46; 01-05-2018 at 07:23 PM..
JDM46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2018, 09:10 PM   #20
Built Rite
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Donnie

Everyone can assume they know me or my business, or get on these forums and post whatever they want. One posts something somewhere then like a rumor it grows and stuff gets added here and added there. The next you know I'm living in Mexico drinking tequila watching Senioritas dance while I'm counting all the money I supposedly stole. Well guess what..... it's all BS! Never stole a dime from anyone! I work hard for what I have building very good smokers at a very affordable price! Am I behind? YEP AND I'VE BEEN PRETTY DAMN OPEN ABOUT THAT! SO POST ALL YOUR BS HOW I'M DOING THIS OR I'M DOING THAT I'LL BE OUT HERE IN THE STICKS OF SOUTH GEORGIA MINDING MY OWN DAMN BUSINESS BUILDING SMOKERS OUTSIDE BETTER THAN MOST GUYS BUILD IN THEIR FANCY SHOPS! YOU WANT TO CRITICIZE ME OR TALK ABOUT ME ON FORUMS, HOW ABOUT YOU QUIT ACTING LIKE A BUNCH OF WOMEN SPREADING GOSSIP AT THE HAIR SALON! YOU WALK A MILE IN MY SHOES YOU WOULD DEFINITELY HAVE A DIFFERENT STORY!

And yes I will not only threaten to sue, but will follow through with a lawsuit on anyone that posts a half ass concocted story for slander or whatever else I can! This is my livelihood, the way I support my family and I will protect it no matter what I have to do!

Now you want to talk and try and stop me from building smokers and doing what I love. Go ahead but it will be a cold day in hell before you can ever make me give up! I'm here to stay and will be bigger and better than ever, so all the "Big Companies" better watch out I'm coming to give you a run for your money. And remember....

IF IT AIN'T BUILT RITE.... IT'S BUILT WRONG!
PEACE!

Last edited by Built Rite; 01-10-2018 at 09:31 PM..
Built Rite is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2018, 09:28 PM   #21
Inthewoods
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Yer not helping yerself here...

-D
Inthewoods is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2018, 10:36 PM   #22
pjtexas1

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

It would go a long way if Brian could report that he received his cooker.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2018, 10:44 PM   #23
Beentown
is One Chatty Farker

I see it once, I dismiss it. Twice, maybe tough times. Multiple reports. I am going to use my instincts.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
SDG 26' Concession rig, Weber 22.5" x 3, RecTeq1250, UDS with IQ 110, Shirley Fabrication Cabinet Model 24x60 trailer, LS Grillz Large IVS w/offroad package (on the way), Humphreys Q'bed Pint, Assassin 48
Beentown is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2018, 10:46 PM   #24
ssv3

Name/Nickname : Sako

That is if it's EVER Built.

And this is how the "big companies" you're coming after feel.

Blackstone Griddle Retrofit
Blackstone Pizza Oven
WSJ(K) WGA(P) WJJ(CU) W22(BI) W26(CL)
Pit Barrer Junior
Kingsford Oval (resto mod)
ssv3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2018, 11:01 PM   #25
SmittyJonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjtexas1 View Post
It would go a long way if Brian could report that he received his cooker.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yes, When is he getting his Smoker.?

Old 01-10-2018, 11:04 PM   #26
bbq_king
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Name/Nickname : bbq_king

More like builtwrong. Or neverbuiltatall...
bbq_king is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2018, 11:36 PM   #27
SmittyJonz

This thread reminds me of that Old saying ........” I’d rather Owe you Forever than ever Cheat you out of it.....:”

Old 01-11-2018, 12:27 AM   #28
OlyQ
Full Fledged Farker

and it's officially confirmed I will never order a built rite
*Da-Fridge-Smoker
*BlackStone Pizza Oven
OlyQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2018, 01:40 AM   #29
Rockinar
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Built Rite View Post
Everyone can assume they know me or my business, or get on these forums and post whatever they want. One posts something somewhere then like a rumor it grows and stuff gets added here and added there. The next you know I'm living in Mexico drinking tequila watching Senioritas dance while I'm counting all the money I supposedly stole. Well guess what..... it's all BS! Never stole a dime from anyone! I work hard for what I have building very good smokers at a very affordable price! Am I behind? YEP AND I'VE BEEN PRETTY DAMN OPEN ABOUT THAT! SO POST ALL YOUR BS HOW I'M DOING THIS OR I'M DOING THAT I'LL BE OUT HERE IN THE STICKS OF SOUTH GEORGIA MINDING MY OWN DAMN BUSINESS BUILDING SMOKERS OUTSIDE BETTER THAN MOST GUYS BUILD IN THEIR FANCY SHOPS! YOU WANT TO CRITICIZE ME OR TALK ABOUT ME ON FORUMS, HOW ABOUT YOU QUIT ACTING LIKE A BUNCH OF WOMEN SPREADING GOSSIP AT THE HAIR SALON! YOU WALK A MILE IN MY SHOES YOU WOULD DEFINITELY HAVE A DIFFERENT STORY!

And yes I will not only threaten to sue, but will follow through with a lawsuit on anyone that posts a half ass concocted story for slander or whatever else I can! This is my livelihood, the way I support my family and I will protect it no matter what I have to do!

Now you want to talk and try and stop me from building smokers and doing what I love. Go ahead but it will be a cold day in hell before you can ever make me give up! I'm here to stay and will be bigger and better than ever, so all the "Big Companies" better watch out I'm coming to give you a run for your money. And remember....

PEACE!

LOL There you have it folks! How can you resist doing business with this charmer???? I'm sending in my deposit tomorrow!!!!!!

Last edited by Rockinar; 01-11-2018 at 01:51 AM..
Rockinar is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 01-11-2018, 05:26 AM   #30
SmokerKing
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Built Rite View Post

PEACE!
wow
SmokerKing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
built right, built rite, built rite cookers, built rite smokers, builtrite, Donnie Boston, ripoff artist