• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pellet Smokers

Bighead Ed

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I currently use off-set in Competitions. I am a bit confused how teams can use a pellet smoker if it requires electric. Am I missing something? Thank you in advance.

Almost same thing as using a guru or other temp control device on WSM or any other smoker. They are legal is most sanctioning bodies. If you ask those who consistently win or place high, it's the cook not the cooker.

At least in KCBS competitions pellet cookers are legal. The heat source is the burning of the wood pellets and the igniter (hot rod) isn't a significant heat source.

If you're "Good", you shouldn't have to worry about beating a pellet pooper!

lol

Step up that game bruh!!

J/K

I am a bit confused how teams can use a pellet smoker if it requires electric. Am I missing something? Thank you in advance.

Not hard to use at all. Most contest provide power. If not, a small generator will do the trick. :razz:

Because they are not "electric". Ignitor only runs to light the fire. After that it's no more automatic than any other pit with a controller on it.

thank you for the replies, it just had me wondering.. I'm a stick burner and proud of it!

I'm a stick burner and proud of it!

What does that mean??.......you're "proud" of the type of cooker you use??

I'd be a lot less worried about what you or others cook on and focus on being proud of the food you turn in.

Most guys I talk to at contests who cry that everyone should be using the same smoker as them are the same guys crying that the judges screwed them and they hit the table of death and every other excuse for why they stayed seated all through awards.

Griping about cookers is pointless.

Buying a Jambo won't make you Tuffy.

If you want to win more........cook better Q

I'm a stick burner and proud of it!

Be proud of your cooker! Most competition cooks are proud and one is not better than the other. They are tools used in the cooking process by the cook. Be proud of yours and cook your best food. If you get beat by a pellet smoker....congratulate the cook, not the cooker!

Back