MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 04-01-2014, 11:43 AM   #1
mking7
On the road to being a farker

Default Enclosed Trailer Recommendations

I am thinking of moving to an enclosed trailer and have a pretty specific list of options I want. Anybody suggest a good place to work with? The local place I tried and one place out of state seemed to be more interested in selling you what they have on the lot and I'm not looking to deal with anyone like that. I know what I want for the most part and I definitely know some things I don't want.

Any recommendations? Feel free to pm if you have places to avoid and don't want it out in the open.

Thanks.

Old 04-01-2014, 01:03 PM   #2
smokinturtle
Knows what a fatty is.

you could try complete trailers in Colorado they seem willing to please by their videos on ebay unfortunately to far for me to travel but closer for you
smokinturtle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2014, 01:50 PM   #3
TailGateJoecom
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mking7 View Post
I am thinking of moving to an enclosed trailer and have a pretty specific list of options I want. Anybody suggest a good place to work with? The local place I tried and one place out of state seemed to be more interested in selling you what they have on the lot and I'm not looking to deal with anyone like that. I know what I want for the most part and I definitely know some things I don't want.

Any recommendations? Feel free to pm if you have places to avoid and don't want it out in the open.

Thanks.
Maybe talk a little bit about the type of trailer you want, might help with getting suggestions/recommendations from people who have gotten similar setups.
[B][COLOR=Green][URL="http://www.tailgatejoe.com"]TailgateJoe.com[/URL] -- the #1 NY Jets gameday fanclub/tailgate party[/COLOR][/B]
[B]Fast Eddy's Cookshack:[/B] Dual FEC120s
[B]Meadow Creek:[/B] BBQ42
[B]Weber:[/B] Ranch Kettle, 22.5 WSM, OTG 22.5
[B]Pit Barrel Cooker[/B]
[B]Crown Verity gassers:[/B] 4 MCBs from 36-72 inch
[B]Instagram/[/B][B][B]Twitter[/B]/Facebook: [/B]@tailgatejoe
[B]Youtube: @tailgatejoedotcom[/B]
TailGateJoecom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2014, 01:57 PM   #4
mking7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailGateJoecom View Post
Maybe talk a little bit about the type of trailer you want, might help with getting suggestions/recommendations from people who have gotten similar setups.

Good point. Not looking for anything fully rigged but have some specific things I want that I don't find on the lots. I don't want (or can't afford) one of the fancy ones like Extreme builds. Looking for an 8.5x24 with rear ramp and some or all of the following. I want to rig it out inside over time as I decide what works for me and what doesn't.

The race trailers are closest to what I want that I've found but don't want the dovetail.

8.5x24
Insulated walls and ceiling
Interior generator box with vented door
RV Door with Screen Door
Extra Height (unsure of base height for your trailers, need 6'10" interior height or more)
White aluminum walls and ceiling
At least 4x110 outlets inside
2x110 outlets outside
6x Floor D-Rings
6x Wall D-Rings
2x 30x30 Tinted Sliding Window w/screen (size doesn't have to be exactly that)
Awning
Rear Stabilizer Jacks
V Nose
Passenger side halogen work/flood lights on exterior
either A/C or wired and braced for A/C

Old 04-01-2014, 03:20 PM   #5
TailGateJoecom
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Good point. Not looking for anything fully rigged but have some specific things I want that I don't find on the lots. I don't want (or can't afford) one of the fancy ones like Extreme builds. Looking for an 8.5x24 with rear ramp and some or all of the following. I want to rig it out inside over time as I decide what works for me and what doesn't.

The race trailers are closest to what I want that I've found but don't want the dovetail.

8.5x24
Insulated walls and ceiling
Interior generator box with vented door
RV Door with Screen Door
Extra Height (unsure of base height for your trailers, need 6'10" interior height or more)
White aluminum walls and ceiling
At least 4x110 outlets inside
2x110 outlets outside
6x Floor D-Rings
6x Wall D-Rings
2x 30x30 Tinted Sliding Window w/screen (size doesn't have to be exactly that)
Awning
Rear Stabilizer Jacks
V Nose
Passenger side halogen work/flood lights on exterior
either A/C or wired and braced for A/C
Ah, gotcha, you aren't really looking for anything crazy, those are routine options with most manufacturers. I'd take a look at ATC's site, http://www.aluminumtrailer.com (they make steel trailers too). Then find an ATC dealer in your area if possible who can order it up how you want it.
[B][COLOR=Green][URL="http://www.tailgatejoe.com"]TailgateJoe.com[/URL] -- the #1 NY Jets gameday fanclub/tailgate party[/COLOR][/B]
[B]Fast Eddy's Cookshack:[/B] Dual FEC120s
[B]Meadow Creek:[/B] BBQ42
[B]Weber:[/B] Ranch Kettle, 22.5 WSM, OTG 22.5
[B]Pit Barrel Cooker[/B]
[B]Crown Verity gassers:[/B] 4 MCBs from 36-72 inch
[B]Instagram/[/B][B][B]Twitter[/B]/Facebook: [/B]@tailgatejoe
[B]Youtube: @tailgatejoedotcom[/B]
TailGateJoecom is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-01-2014, 05:20 PM   #6
Cayman1
is one Smokin' Farker

I have a Wells Cargo that is built in Waco. I like it and it seems to be good quality so you might check on one of these.

Old 04-01-2014, 05:24 PM   #7
tuPatrón
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Quote:

Thanks.
check your pm.
tuPatrón is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2014, 07:59 PM   #8
sdbbq1234
is One Chatty Farker

We just got back from picking up our trailer today. Ordered it from WOWcargo trailers in Georgia. But they subbed it out to South Georgia Cargo in Pearson, GA. Not the best quality, but we will see what the future holds. We ordered with 50amp panel, 2 outlets, 2 4ft lights inside, 13,500BTU AC with heat, unfinished inside floors, unfinished ceiling, 22' overall, 14' enclosed and 8' porch with ATP, and RV type doors on side and back, and 2 12volt lights.

Overall, seems pretty good, but time will tell.

There are a bunch of trailer dealers in Georgia and probably only 4-5 actual manufactures. South Georgia is one of the actual builders as there were a bunch of the trailers on their lot with stickers for other dealers on them.

wallace
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (52.2 KB, 265 views)

- Life Is Good But BBQ Is Better
- BWS - Fat Boy
- WSM 22.5
- A bunch on other outdoor cooking stuff.
- KCBS CBJ# 58657
- MABA Member

"Take luck!"

Last edited by sdbbq1234; 04-01-2014 at 08:34 PM..
sdbbq1234 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-02-2014, 03:57 AM   #9
Gowan
is Blowin Smoke!

South Georgia Cargo is a reseller of Freedom Trailers, who manufactured the trailer pictured above.

If you want a Freedom, I suggest getting a quote from Scott Smith of QSB Trailer Sales in the metro Atlanta area. Scott is a BBQ guy who specs trailers for BBQ guys. His prices typically beat anything you'll see online. I didn't buy my Freedom from Scott, but I wish I had - I would have saved several hundred bucks!

Old 04-02-2014, 08:07 AM   #10
HookEcho
Got Wood.

Livin Lite VRV toy haulers.....

Light weight, all aluminum construction equals no rot or rust.

Weapons of Choice:
[B]Yoder [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Smokers[/COLOR] Kingman Comp Cart[/B]
[B]Yoder [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Smokers[/COLOR] YS640 Comp Cart[/B]
Rusted POS Weber Gas Grill
(1) [COLOR="DarkOrange"][B]Hemi Orange[/B][/COLOR] Nitro Methane Thermopen
(1) 85 lbs GSP Bird Dog
HookEcho is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-02-2014, 08:11 AM   #11
gpcvg

Name/Nickname : Gene

I bought my trailer from WOW cargo too but I have a Diamond Cargo 8.5x16 v-nose. I picked it up at the Diamond factory. Great people there. I have had a few issues with the trailer and they have let me get them fixed locally and then reimbursed me. Now I called WOW with the problems and I am still waiting on a call back. That was 2 weeks ago. I won't buy from WOW again but I would buy from Diamond again. Just my 2 cents.
gpcvg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-02-2014, 08:28 AM   #12
sdbbq1234
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivilWarBBQ View Post
South Georgia Cargo is a reseller of Freedom Trailers, who manufactured the trailer pictured above.

If you want a Freedom, I suggest getting a quote from Scott Smith of QSB Trailer Sales in the metro Atlanta area. Scott is a BBQ guy who specs trailers for BBQ guys. His prices typically beat anything you'll see online. I didn't buy my Freedom from Scott, but I wish I had - I would have saved several hundred bucks!
I am not so sure about that. I picked up the trailer from the South Georgia location. The building behind the trailer in the picture is where they build them. I walked inside and saw many other trailers in various stages of being built; from ground up. Some of the paint on mine was still wet. If Freedom did build any part of it, I would be surprised.

I know they are a reseller for Freedom, but they do build their own there as well.

The reason I went with WOW is they worked with me on payment of the trailer.

And yes, it is kinda squirrelly working with WOW, and what ever you do, make sure you get everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, in writing before any money is exchanged. But not getting any return calls from the people you paid the money to, that is not good! I have Matt's cell number if you want, and don't forget they are owned by Woody Butts Chevrolet.

All things considered, we are happy, so far...............

wallace

- BWS - Fat Boy
- WSM 22.5
- KCBS CBJ# 58657
- MABA Member

"Take luck!"

Old 04-02-2014, 08:55 AM   #13
Kave Dweller
Take a breath!

what are you going to be pulling it with?

Creators of "Reverse Shigging": When your competition wants to know what your doing so they know what doesn't work.
Kave Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-02-2014, 09:09 AM   #14
sdbbq1234
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kave Dweller View Post
what are you going to be pulling it with?
If you are referring to my trailer and post, I have a Chevy Silverado 1500, extended cab, 4x4. It pulls the trailer with no problem. I will have weight distribution system and anti sway installed, soon. It really does help.

We have been towing a 28' travel trailer for the past 5 years and it is about 3,000lbs heavier; no problem there.

Now, going up hills, yes it does slow down, but when I am towing, I am not in any hurry.

wallace

- BWS - Fat Boy
- WSM 22.5
- KCBS CBJ# 58657
- MABA Member

"Take luck!"

Old 04-02-2014, 12:45 PM   #15
drbbq
is One Chatty Farker

I'm on my second Wells Cargo and would buy a third when the time comes. The factories will build exactly what you want, you just have to find a dealer that gives a **** (doodoo). I actually bought my second one from the same dealer in Illinois even though I'd moved to Florida because I knew he'd make them get it right. I worked the trip in to something else and was happy I did.
drbbq is offline   Reply With Quote