Who is up late Smokin’?

Shiz-Nit

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Well I have a brisket on right know, and later on I will add some ribs, turkey breast, smoked BBQ beans and some MOINKS.
I think that should make for a nice dinner.

I'm not smoking anything, but I'm up late.

Does that still count?

Sounds like you have all of the basics covered!

I just threw two briskets on the WSM. Father's day tomorrow, got to make sure my dad knows he did OK. :)

I'm hoping that the WSM will allow me at least some sleep tonight, I've only used it a couple of times before.

got 4 butts in the home depot offsets...havebeen in since 11 am and are stalled at 161 degrees...im getting tired!

We are! Well, my wife is. She's doing the smoking and I am at work :(
She is smoking a 18lb. Turkey, then I am going to throw 2 Pastrami Briskets on as soon as I get home around 6:30am. Gonna have several friends and family over tomorrow night for a bbq.

Got a 17# Brisket in. Been on since 11:30AM, it's for Dad's Day dinner after church.
Put 3 racks of St.Louis on at the same time and had them for dinner with some Weber roasted red and yellow bell peppers...:icon_smile_tongue:

Brisket was at 166* from 4:00 PM until 9:45...Now it is at 179*
I'm guessing 2-3 AM finish.

Dude this SUCKS!!!
My buddy just called and said his smoker was down with it FULL!!! 1 brisket, 1 butt, needs 3 slabs of of ribs and some BBQ beans.
This is why I don’t use a propane smoker. It is neither the tank nor the lines but the element is toast…
Sooo a good friend I am I fired up the egg and put my cook over to it. I will transport my WSM (that was smoking a brisket and a waiting ribs ect…) to his house.

Shiz,

It's like 3AM there right?:shocked:
Everyone should have a friends like you...:-D
But after this get him off the gas...:becky:

Dude this SUCKS!!!
My buddy just called and said his smoker was down with it FULL!!! 1 brisket, 1 butt, needs 3 slabs of of ribs and some BBQ beans.
This is why I don’t use a propane smoker. It is neither the tank nor the lines but the element is toast…
Sooo a good friend I am I fired up the egg and put my cook over to it. I will transport my WSM (that was smoking a brisket and a waiting ribs ect…) to his house.

You da SHIZ!!

And I thought friends were only good for helping you move! Way to bail a brother out!!

Ok, I slept from 1am to 5am (extended catnap mod), and ran to check on the status. Temps are still perfect, and I have fallen in love with the WSM! Maybe I should take another hour-long catnap.

I prepped 14lbs of jerky meat last night and woke up at 7 to put it in the smoker... so.. not up late.. but up early:) no need to waste daylight

Back