Better Late Than Never?

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since I had President's Day off, and the weather wasn't awful (mid 20s and light snow is considered "not awful" for February in Chicago :-D) Parsley Lady suggested doing some BBQ for a change. I don't think I've cooked any BBQ since our last competition in October! So, I pulled the FEC out of the garage and tossed in some spares, a fatty and some pig candy for parsley lady. The ribs got a coating of Yard Bird and were cooked at 260 for about 4 hours before getting a glaze of sauce (I used us three different almost empty sauces from the fridge). The Fatty was a naked JD Maple and the Pig Candy was thick cut bacon with brown sugar, Yard Bird and a little cayenne.

P5260255.JPG

P5260251.JPG

For the pig candy, the brown sugar just didn't melt. I don't know if I used too much or what it was. I finally pulled it from the pit because the bacon was getting pretty dark. It tasted great, but doesn't look too good.

P5260253.JPG

The only thing that I can think of that is "late" is my invitation.:p
It all looks great Ron.

Nice, Nice, Nice, Ron.
A balmy day in Chicagoland, huh?

Oops! i forgot about the potato galette! Layers of yukon gold potatoes and Mrs. Dash seasoning and then brushed with melted butter and baked in the oven at 400 for 30 minutes.

P5260257.JPG

Oops! i forgot about the potato galette! Layers of yukon gold potatoes and Mrs. Dash seasoning and then brushed with melted butter and baked in the oven at 400 for 30 minutes.

P5260257.JPG

That's just rubbing it in!

Looks great.

Hold it... these look great Ron.... seriously.

Since I had President's Day off, and the weather wasn't awful (mid 20s and light snow is considered "not awful" for February in Chicago :-D) Parsley Lady suggested doing some BBQ for a change. I don't think I've cooked any BBQ since our last competition in October! So, I pulled the FEC out of the garage and tossed in some spares, a fatty and some pig candy for parsley lady. The ribs got a coating of Yard Bird and were cooked at 260 for about 4 hours before getting a glaze of sauce (I used us three different almost empty sauces from the fridge). The Fatty was a naked JD Maple and the Pig Candy was thick cut bacon with brown sugar, Yard Bird and a little cayenne.

P5260255.JPG

P5260251.JPG

For the pig candy, the brown sugar just didn't melt. I don't know if I used too much or what it was. I finally pulled it from the pit because the bacon was getting pretty dark. It tasted great, but doesn't look too good.

P5260253.JPG

***growl growl***
Excuse me!! That was my stomach grumbling becuase it's 8:30 in the morning and that would make the best breakfast EVER!

Is that a cast iron skillet that you baked those taters in?

Back