OK, I'll say it. That's just cheesy.

rim-shot-johnny-utah.thumbnail.jpg

applause.gif

I had a horrible time trying to decide what to make and when I finally decided, I still had to search for ingredients. I started with the cheese drawer in the kitchen refrigerator. I emptied that out, but couldn't seem to find what I wanted.

IMG_4048.jpg

So then I went into the basement and checked the refrigerator down there.

IMG_4036.jpg

Still no luck. I could not find any cheddar! :doh: Well, I continued cooking salmon while my wife went shopping. I cold-smoked ...

IMG_4035.jpg

and warm-smoked ...,

IMG_4034.jpg

but that was just a distraction, because this is a *cheese* throwdown and even I can tell the difference between cheese and salmon because they each have less than 3 syllables. I'd also made some country-style pulled pork, but it was the weirdest thing because it wasn't shoulder, but actually cut up loin marked country-style ribs. Go figure. :crazy:

IMG_4049.jpg

Anyway, my wife came home, and she bought some more cheese! :clap2: But not cheddar. :sad: But, she said we had some in the fridge. :thumb: I found yet another quarter round of bleu on a shelf :tsk: and I think the cheddar was in the basement, but that didn't matter because there was a baggie full of grated sharp cheddar that I somehow missed. :doh: So, while the kids (we have some relatives staying with us) made a beautiful ginger bread house,

IMG_4047.jpg

My wonderful wife made me some pizza dough! Yes, pizza dough. I am using the pizza crutch, but not just the pizza crutch.

IMG_4054.jpg

We had some sauce and mozzarella cheese and dressed it all up like a beautiful pizza:

IMG_4055.jpg

Meanwhile, I prepared the toppings. Of course I used some of that pulled pork, because I like pulled pork.

IMG_4053.jpg

I actually like my pulled pork chunky and that's the way I made it. I got the toppings all set and cooked it in the Oval for about 10 minutes. Now I did not take any pictures, but it was cooked at 450*. Then I had my assistant pour me a Scottish ale because they go really well with pizza and we all finished dressing it up:

IMG_4066-1.jpg

Yes, as you can see, I am using both the pizza and nacho crutch! :becky: Even though we just ate dinner an hour before, it was so good, we had a just-after-dinner snack.

IMG_4070.jpg

This was something I wanted to try and it was really good. I know you're probably dying for a taste yourself, but you're going to have to make your own ... because this is nacho pizza. :laugh:

nacho pizza

:tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk:

Looks good though. I'd definitely hit that gingerbread house. :thumb: Also, very slick using an Irish ale with an Italian pizza. Sounds multicultural to me :thumb:

Absolute farking genius!:shock: Nacho Pizza? I suspect a double entry as well.

:tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk:

Looks good though. I'd definitely hit that gingerbread house. :thumb: Also, very slick using an Irish ale with an Italian pizza. Sounds multicultural to me :thumb:

Absolute farking genius!:shock: Nacho Pizza? I suspect a double entry as well.

Actually, I wasn't thinking double entry at all. I realize the multicultural aspect, but I actually am home all week (and next) and am taking some vacation days after Tuesday. :clap2: I am looking forward to taking a little time and cooking for fun ... to submitting something REALLY stupid the next couple of throwdowns. With Multicultural, Mongo and Zero, there are all kinds of possibilities. I'd hate to do a double entry and waste an opportunity.

Colonel, that meatloaf had some major cheese action. When you cut the meatloaf, and the cheese oozes out like that, you have the meat to cheese ratio dialed in pretty well.

That looks like some killer 2AM after all the bars are closed food. :thumb:

CD

Actually, I wasn't thinking double entry at all. I realize the multicultural aspect, but I actually am home all week (and next) and am taking some vacation days after Tuesday. :clap2: I am looking forward to taking a little time and cooking for fun ... to submitting something REALLY stupid the next couple of throwdowns. With Multicultural, Mongo and Zero, there are all kinds of possibilities. I'd hate to do a double entry and waste an opportunity.
If you need inspiration, I have a killer cheese ball idea you can run with!:heh:

Hey Gore, you used two crutches in one throwdown. I think all your talk about the cheese crutch was to throw the rest of us off. You'd make us think we needed to do something pure with our cheese, and then ambush us with a pizza.

Yeah, I fell for it, but your evil plan was too late for that quesadilla.

It looks good, but your evil plot should not be rewarded with a win -- or a zero. :tsk:

It is a good looking pizza, though. :thumb:

CD :becky:

Hey Gore, you used two crutches in one throwdown. I think all your talk about the cheese crutch was to throw the rest of us off. You'd make us think we needed to do something pure with our cheese, and then ambush us with a pizza.

Yeah, I fell for it, but your evil plan was too late for that quesadilla.

It looks good, but your evil plot should not be rewarded with a win -- or a zero. :tsk:

It is a good looking pizza, though. :thumb:

But CD, you're forgetting that the second crutch cancels out the first crutch. I believe that's rule 6 in the Code of Conduct.

Hey Gore, you used two crutches in one throwdown.

Only two? I saw several. There was the "talk about the cute kids and show them or something they made" crutch. Then of course there was the beer crutch. Let's not forget the "distract you with smoked salmon" crutch or the "look how many cheeses I have in my fridges" crutch. I am surprised he didn't wrap the pizza in foil with butter, brown sugar, and honey :tsk:

Only two? I saw several. There was the "talk about the cute kids and show them or something they made" crutch. Then of course there was the beer crutch. Let's not forget the "distract you with smoked salmon" crutch or the "look how many cheeses I have in my fridges" crutch. I am surprised he didn't wrap the pizza in foil with butter, brown sugar, and honey :tsk:

Yeah, what he said. :boxing:

CD :becky:

I do have pics of four cute kids putting together a ginger bread house. I thought that would be a bit over the top.

Oh, did I mention that Scottish ale was homemade and runs about 10% abv? :becky:

Back