Smoker Build "THE TOWER"

Yes I have to store it outside. I am toying with the idea of putting on a competition trailer...
Thanks guys I have under 1000 in it and 40 hours of build time in it.

There is a 10 20 degree difference between the top and bottom before you put meat on it then it will even out to a 5 degree difference. Not enough to worry about. Since I put butts on the bottom and briskets one up. It makes them cook for the same amount of time.

My wife was not happy. Now she doesn't want me to sell it...

Yes I have to store it outside. I am toying with the idea of putting on a competition trailer...
Thanks guys I have under 1000 in it and 40 hours of build time in it.

There is a 10 20 degree difference between the top and bottom before you put meat on it then it will even out to a 5 degree difference. Not enough to worry about. Since I put butts on the bottom and briskets one up. It makes them cook for the same amount of time.

Wow. I would have expected more than 10 to 20 degree. That is truly great!

Can we see some pics of the airflow grates that allow you to tune the temp? With huge vert smokers like that, I'm always wondering how/where exactly the air flow controls need to be (and how large) to keep that monster fuel pile simmering and efficient.

Definitely consider mounting on a trailer of some sort... that's the only way you'll be able to store that beast in the garage long enough to make it last! *grin*

SO great. Do me a favor and see if they have another one they are looking to turn loose.... ;)

Tower??? More like a Siege Tower lol, sweet build brother, my wife would kill me if I came home with something like that :-D

From my testing:

Above 50 degrees ambient outside air temp. I use the 2 1" gas valves open full until target temp is reached. Then I will close them to maintain said target.

Below 50 degrees ambient outside air temp I will open the Middle 1" pipe. I have also built an adapter to fit a small heat gun to power draft the fire. I will boost the fire to 275 and let it slowly drop at times if the outside temp is below 50.

These are rough numbers only.

I just received my first power draft controller that I am going to try on Thursday. If anyone wants to come check it out PM me.

adapt and over come

Just finished the adapter for my power draft controller. I am surprised I didn't have to break out the duct tape...

Attachments

• daft1.jpg
    daft1.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 212
  • draft2.jpg
    draft2.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 210
Have you thought about rigging a hand truck and other wheels to the back of it. So maybe you could tip it and roll it on its back? Very impressive by the way.

I have thought about different ways of moving it around. I think when I build a new trailer this spring I will make some room for it on there... We shall see.

A little 20* cooking today... The Auber power draft controller worked well after I plugged in the temp probe in the right way...

Attachments

• IMAG0478.jpg
    IMAG0478.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 165
  • IMAG0476.jpg
    IMAG0476.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 165
  • IMAG0474.jpg
    IMAG0474.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 164
  • IMAG0473.jpg
    IMAG0473.jpg