San Antonio/Laredo, TX work trip

QN

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Coming up in May. Fly to San Antonio on a Tuesday and drive to Laredo. In Laredo for work Wednesday and most of Thursday and then drive back to San Antonio. Will have Friday and Saturday free for going wherever around San Antonio. Thinking about going over to Shiner for the brewery tour. Any suggestions of what to do in that part of Texas? We have already done the Alamo, river boats, downtown San Antonio stuff, so don't need to go there again. Thanks in advance.

If you go to the brewery then either eat BBQ at City Market in Luling since you will passing by, or head North from Luling to Lockhart for BBQ there.

I enjoyed seeing The Spanish Missions in San Antonio.
https://www.visitsanantonio.com/missions/

I also recommend eating at Mi Tierra in the Mexican Market too.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: QN
If you go to the brewery then either eat BBQ at City Market in Luling since you will passing by, or head North from Luling to Lockhart for BBQ there.

I enjoyed seeing The Spanish Missions in San Antonio.
https://www.visitsanantonio.com/missions/

I also recommend eating at Mi Tierra in the Mexican Market too.

Yep-we went to all of that and really enjoyed it about 6 weeks ago. We also went to the Zedler mill in Luling and it was interesting to see.

2m Smokehouse in San Antonio and it's on your way out of San Antonio to the Brewery. Better than Luling and Lockhart in my opinion. If you don't want try to beat the "sold out" sign at 2M and do the 11AM line, then yeah I'd do a morning brewery tour and then go to Lockhart for easy lunch on the way back. Luling City Market is good but its the same as Lockhart I think. In my experience Lockhart BBQ joints are not really that crowded even on weekends. The Kreutz building is huge. I've never even seen it 50% full. You wont be fighting for a seat at Smittys or Kreutz. Blacks is a bit smaller and can get crowded a bit on weekends and parking can sometimes suck. My pick for Lockhart are 1) Kreutz, 2) Smitty's, 3)Blacks

• Thanks
Reactions: QN
Back