• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Canadian Bacon

Puppyboy

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I rubbed a 2# pork loin with 2 tabs Morton's TQ and 2 tsp of sugar. I have it in the fridge where it will cure for 3-5 days per the instructions on the Mortons web site.

When done curing the directions say after soaking in water for 30 minutes slice then pan fry.

Anyone see any probelms with smoking it to 140* before slicing & frying?

http://www.mortonsalt.com/recipes/RecipeDetail.aspx?RID=117

Haven't done canadian yet... I actually take my BBB to 165 so I can just put it on a sammie without having to cook it... I have also been know to brown it in a fry pan....

Jeff, for what it's worth, here is what I've done that has turned out great. Alway more ways to skin the cat but this works for me. Cure for about 5 days, rince in water for two hours, keeping in the frig, replacing water every 30 minutes to soak out the salt, then air dry for about 30 or so minutes on the counter-top. Did what thirdeye suggested and then put in the frig overnight to distribute the flavor and firm the loin up for slicing. Slice the next day. This has worked very well for us.

Since you are a mofo and not a canuck would you please refer to it as "un-canadian bacon" please

Back