First Canadian Bacon

Meat Burner

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Really excited about my first smoked bacon. Tried to keep it simple. Used tenderquick and some sugar, cured for 6 days, smoked to 140, resting in the frig right now. Will do a pic when sliced. Can't wait to taste it!!!!:biggrin:

Attachments

• Bacon B4 Smoke.JPG
    Bacon B4 Smoke.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 120
  • Bacon After Smoke.JPG
    Bacon After Smoke.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 119
:biggrin:OOOHHH MYYYY GAAAWWWWD!!!!!!!!!! Sliced the loin and fried a couple peaces for the wifey and me....OMG this is farkin good chit!:biggrin:

Freezing most but goin to eat some more here in a minute.

Attachments

• Sliced Bacon.JPG
    Sliced Bacon.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 113
  • Fried Bacon.JPG
    Fried Bacon.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 112
That look's farken awesome!! Nice job, have to do that!!:biggrin:

Missing eggs and hashbrowns. Man that looks good.

:biggrin:OOOHHH MYYYY GAAAWWWWD!!!!!!!!!! Sliced the loin and fried a couple peaces for the wifey and me....OMG this is farkin good chit!:biggrin:

Freezing most but goin to eat some more here in a minute.

That's some serious vittles right there brother! :p Just rubbed up my Buckboard today...still have a 7lb butt in the freezer...it just may become CB very soon.:p

Froze 3/4ths in 3 zip locks and left the rest out for breakfast. I'm headed to bed so I can get up and cook breakfast.:biggrin: Remember, turn your clocks back tonight!!!!!

oh my gosh! Meat that looks great! Just got my Buckboard mix from Thirdeye, have a butt defrosting can't wait!!!
Awesome job!

Holy moly,
its 8.15 am here and i´d kill for some of that bacon with
eggs for breakfast.

Good Job !

DM

Has anyone used the Backwoods LEM Cure? Bass Pro carries that brand for $1.99 for 4 oz package. Says it will cure 100 lbs of meat. I am excited to do more of this wonderful stuff and might give this a try. Looking around for the Buckboard brand as well. Thanks for the kind words everyone. I really hope you give this a try. It is easy and really exciting to do.

Related question: When you do buckboard bacon with butts, do you debone it first, or leave the bone in?

Meat burner that looks great ! So many ideas where do ya start :icon_bigsmil:icon_bigsmil

Has anyone used the Backwoods LEM Cure? Bass Pro carries that brand for $1.99 for 4 oz package. Says it will cure 100 lbs of meat.
Boy, I find it hard to believe four ounces curing a hundred pounds of meat.

Boy, I find it hard to believe four ounces curing a hundred pounds of meat.
Joe, me to but that is what the package says. The TQ is one tsp per pound and there is no way there is 100 tsp in this 4 oz package if it were the same amounts...but, this is my first try so what do I know.

Back