• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Quail on the drum

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Dove season is here so I've been making room in my freezer. :mrgreen:
These are quail from last season.

I love rice on the smoker... used a wild rice blend, added minced scallions and chicken stock.

a81b6480.jpg

into the BPS drum....

7c692f73.jpg

smoked until the stock was absorbed then removed from the drum and covered.

5b195d58.jpg

Seasoned the quail with Tatonka Dust and wrapped in bacon.

b7f2e4de.jpg

6c820b11.jpg

5e136d32.jpg

ee23913b.jpg

It was a simple meal but tasted good at the time. :)

Thanks for looking!

Simple is good - and that looks fantastic! Great to see the BPS drum getting a workout!

Thank you Phu! :)

Trawlerdog, thanks! I love quail. :mrgreen:

Thank you Greg! I took some of your Q sauce camping with me this week... loved it! Thanks again. :hug:

Al, Thank you!! I woulda shared if you lived closer. :thumb:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Bacon wrapped quail...one of my favorites! Thanks for the pictures and I'll have to try the wild rice on the drum, that looks delicious!

Another simple, brilliant, yet elegant cook by the JeaniusZ!!

You rock!:clap::hug:

Thanks friends! It was a simple meal but I enjoyed it. :mrgreen:

Quail, heard tell of them, but we can't find em any more in the great state of Texas. Somthing ate them all. Was it you?

I love quail on the grill like that. Got to try that rice. I now have a project for Sunday evening!

Great work miss Jeanie as usual. Meal fit for a queen for sure. Nope no quail around here either. Had it smoked once when I went to dinner with the wife one time and it was off the chart good.

Looks awesome as usual Jeanie!!! Been seein' a few of those lil' buggers scootin' around lately. May have to bag a few & give'em a try. Cheers!!!

Quail, heard tell of them, but we can't find em any more in the great state of Texas. Somthing ate them all. Was it you?

I love quail on the grill like that. Got to try that rice. I now have a project for Sunday evening!

lol Wasn't me! :mrgreen: Thank you STCL01!

Great work miss Jeanie as usual. Meal fit for a queen for sure. Nope no quail around here either. Had it smoked once when I went to dinner with the wife one time and it was off the chart good.
Thank you Bob! Glad to hear you like them too. :grin:

Looks awesome as usual Jeanie!!! Been seein' a few of those lil' buggers scootin' around lately. May have to bag a few & give'em a try. Cheers!!!
Thanks Hamilton! Hope you get the time to bag a few!

Another hit. Do you ever cook anything bad? :)

lol Thanks Dan.... I DO.. :oops: Great to see you posting again. :grin:

@Bill....Thanks! I'm really hooked on smoked rice. It's easy and sooo tasty. Hope you give it a go sometime Bill. :grin:

@JC... Thanks so much JC. :hug:

Back