MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:59 PM   #31
Hawg Father of Seoul
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WineMaster View Post
I pull ribs at 196. Just like butts, at a certain temp, the pork will get tender.
Not that I do great at ribs, but I always look at the temp when probing them. My temp is always higher than this. I think one would need to establish their own baseline.
Hawg Father of Seoul is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-13-2013, 07:21 AM   #32
gettinbasted
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlasman View Post
Water pan always. I think cutting down on the spritz will help because a lot of times when I go to spritz they are not even close to dry. I might be over doing it.
Keep in mind that moisture on the meat does not equal moisture in the meat.

You want a moist cooking environment, but often times opening the cooker door just to spritz has the exact opposite effect intended. More steam and moisture escapes the cooking chamber upon opening than is put back in with the spritz.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:50 AM   #33
Jaskew82
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogiesnap View Post

knock that nonsense off and cook some ribs, if you aren't happy, i'll give you a fool proof(don't drink with smokin hoggz the night before though)recipe.

I have seen the results of this first hand...

2013 Stumps Classic - Delivered 4/15/13
Large BGE - Rescued 2012
2010 WSM 22.5"
2010 Weber genesis gas grill
Rescued 22.5 Weber One-touch gold
Yellow Thermopen
BBQ Guru CyberQ
2011 Built UDS - Retired
Jaskew82 is offline   Reply With Quote