MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Old 04-01-2012, 04:17 PM   #1
Bearbonez
On the road to being a farker

Default Food Biz software for idiots???

I will just come to the point, I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to computers. Any recommendations for user friendly spreadsheets/software and some sort of how to guide would be greatly appreciated. I would like to avoid spending 3 months, if at all possible, trying to figure out how to use the software before I actually get to the brass tacks of inventory, cash flow, food costs, labor, other expenses etc. Haven't had much luck in finding any templates, other than a catering spreadsheet I was able to cut and paste into openoffice calc. So in a nutshell, just for something user friendly for the IT challenged.

Gator BYCC 24"
Weber 22.5" kettle
Bearbonez is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2012, 04:26 PM   #2
OMFGBBQ
Knows what a fatty is.

Which aspect of the software you are looking for would you consider your highest priority? Food cost? Labor projections? Sales projections?

Lang 60 Deluxe w/ Chargrill
Custom Carolina Grills 3x5 Offset
Southern Pride SC-200
TEC Searmaster
Weber Kettle
Traeger Lil' Texas Elite
OMFGBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2012, 04:36 PM   #3
Bearbonez

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMFGBBQ View Post
what exactly are you trying to do with the software? Food cost? Labor projections? Sales projections?
Food costs and sales projections I think would be a good place to cut my teeth and my first priority.

I am gettin one of those fancy IPAD POS deals that takes care of inventory adjustments and food cost when I get ready to start cookin. Right now I am just needin to make a pretty picture frame of what return will look like for the fine folks who are coughin up the cash in this lil venture.

Gator BYCC 24"
Weber 22.5" kettle

Old 04-01-2012, 05:24 PM   #4
OMFGBBQ
Knows what a fatty is.

PM sent

Lang 60 Deluxe w/ Chargrill
Custom Carolina Grills 3x5 Offset
Southern Pride SC-200
TEC Searmaster
Weber Kettle
Traeger Lil' Texas Elite
OMFGBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-02-2012, 07:23 PM   #5
PorkQPine
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearbonez View Post
Food costs and sales projections I think would be a good place to cut my teeth and my first priority.

I am gettin one of those fancy IPAD POS deals that takes care of inventory adjustments and food cost when I get ready to start cookin. Right now I am just needin to make a pretty picture frame of what return will look like for the fine folks who are coughin up the cash in this lil venture.

Which iPad POS program do you recommend?

Old 04-02-2012, 08:26 PM   #6
Bearbonez

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkQPine View Post
Which iPad POS program do you recommend?
Lavu is what has been recommended to me from a friend. He says with every order taken, it updates inventory automatically.

Gator BYCC 24"
Weber 22.5" kettle

Old 04-03-2012, 05:34 PM   #7
Bearbonez

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMFGBBQ View Post
PM sent
Thanks for making my life a little easier. Exactly what I was lookin for

Gator BYCC 24"
Weber 22.5" kettle