Christmas Turkey Breast

ronnyballgame

Got Wood.
Reaction score
A little early, but with everything going on, I had to do it today. Only the second Turkey boobs that I have done, and hopefully it will turn out good....

Attachments

• turkey.jpg
    turkey.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 98
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks mighty tasty- especially the skin. Did you finish on the grill to crisp it up?

It does look good and the same as VitaminQ asked did you finish it off on the grill to crisp it up??

Me too!

I'm doing a turkey breast today too! :p I'm using hickory and some apple, vertically roasted at about 350. I put a little beer in the pan to keep the drippings from burning to a crisp.

Since I don't have a thermopen or polder or anything, I've got my BBQ Guru running things. I have insomnia and was up at 0130 this morning, but didn't want to make a lot of noise. So I didn't prepare anything until daylight, therefore not a true smoked turkey. More of a modified beer can turkey.

Attachments

• 06 Christmas turkey breast.jpg
    06 Christmas turkey breast.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 77
mizzoucrew said:
That turkey looks great skin looks crisp also

OMG! Could this be old Double Dee, of MizzouCrew BBQ and Set It and Forget It fame? If so....good to see you brother! If not....good to see you brother!:biggrin:

I did not crisp it up on the grill...sprayed it with some olive oil 3 or 4 times during the cook.....Used Hickory and injected it with a mixture of lemon juice and maple syrup...

Both turkey boobs look good! I hope they taste as good as they look!

Just cut it up for the early lunch tomorrow. I had to try it. It was great. Even my finicky 7 year old thought iot was good. He even asked for another bite....The real test tomorrow when my mom tries it!

Thanks!

To be honest, I was disappointed in ours. It just didn't do anything for me. But, it was just a quick one whipped up in a hurry. I've done some before this that were the best turkey I've ever had. There's always next time.

Ronnie, glad yours turned out great. I hope your Christmas lunch is awesome, and sorry to hijack your thread.

Back