Using a UDS to bake in???

Garrett

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I have made lasagna, baked spaghetti, and a few pizzas in my UDS. I can get a steady temp of about 450. My question is, is there enough heat that radiates back down from the weber lid to crisp up and brown cornbread? Has any one ever tried this. I will be using cast iron of course.

I have two racks on my UDS. If I want the radiated heat, I put my bread on the lower rack and a pizza stone on top. It heats up and radiates heat back down.

Thanks!! That's a good idea. Gonna do a homemade chicken noodle soup today and was wanting to try cornbread. I will post some pron this evening.

I've cooked cornbread in my UDS. You have to watch it some, cause times aren't quite like doing one in the oven.
* Things like meat loaf work very well in a UDS. You can even see a smoke ring in my meatloaf.

I've cooked cornbread in my UDS. You have to watch it some, cause times aren't quite like doing one in the oven.
* Things like meat loaf work very well in a UDS. You can even see a smoke ring in my meatloaf.

I've cooked meatloaf in my UDS too. In large patties and as a big loaf. Don't care to ever have it from the oven again. I'm gonna try the cornbread later today. I will post it good or bad. If nothing else I can let others know what not to do.

I've cooked meatloaf in my UDS too. In large patties and as a big loaf. Don't care to ever have it from the oven again. I'm gonna try the cornbread later today. I will post it good or bad. If nothing else I can let others know what not to do.

Meatloaf is much better smoked...

WP_000521.png

Back