Brine Chicken parts

I brine my chicken in Kosmos Chicken Soak for at leats 4 hours. I made my own brine for many years but you just can't beat his soak. It mixes with cold water in seconds and your ready to rock. You can check out his stuff at www.kosmosq.com.

Good luck!

I go 8 hours tops and rinse then soak in fresh water for a couple of hours to get a clean taste. Don't know if it's right, but works for me on pork, chicken and turkeys.

I have been brining my chicken thighs recently and have only been going about an hour and a half and have noticed a big difference I would go longer though with a whole chicken.

2 Hours here. 1 cup Kosher salt to 1 gallon water. Be sure to rinse when removing from brine. Any more than that is too salty as chicken really soaks up the brine quickly.

I brine my chicken in Kosmos Chicken Soak for at leats 4 hours. I made my own brine for many years but you just can't beat his soak. It mixes with cold water in seconds and your ready to rock. You can check out his stuff at www.kosmosq.com.

Good luck!

This is right on the money.......I use his soak also and usually soak overnight. It really adds.

For parts, no more than 2 hours with whatever brine. It gets too salty for me if done longer. A whole chicken is different.

I Have a 25litre bucket where I brine up for everything in one go. I make hte brine earlier in the day, refrigerate, then add the chicken before bed. Get up in the morning, and it's all done. IF there's wings, I soak a bit in water... but larger parts and whole chickens just get washed and put into Ziploc bags and frozen.

If I find anything too salty, or not salty enough, I adjust the salt concentration in the mix for next time, rather then change the soak time.

Back