I attached a trailer jack and got the Santa Maria base and bottom half burned in. Lowest grill height will be 32" off the ground.

yFcrTON.jpg

Nt3tSBx.jpg

31D4fYu.jpg

I feed the county Search and Rescue team every year, and it looks like I might be doing my sister in law's wedding later this summer. Better to have too much room...

I reworked the Santa Maria bracing to lower the grill height and better brace the trailer. I'm going to end up flipping or replacing the axle to raise the whole thing a bit in order to make a stronger overall build and to allow for a bit better ground clearance on the bottom of the vertical tank.

AAQHtIw.jpg

The big tank is chained up for my next big step, which is connecting the upright tank to the trailer.

MvcpGDF.jpg

After that is braced in, the build will split into three different parts.
1- finishing the big ugly
2- finishing the Santa Maria
3- finishing out the trailer

The upright tank is in place. I added a longitudinal brace down the middle to better distribute the stress of the upright tank.

MqCmZvA.jpg

HsSCczA.jpg

INGaZeK.jpg

it's dragging the ground.......?

Yeah, intentionally.

The axle is of the drop variety, and will be replaced. The entire unit will be about 8" higher. It's much easier and safer to get that 500lb piece of steel in place with it on the ground!

I'm gonna Have to order a Bigger 'puter screen for these pics........

How wide is that door? Maybe it is the size of the drum but it looks small to me. And the fire door is offset to the regular door?

How wide is that door? Maybe it is the size of the drum but it looks small to me. And the fire door is offset to the regular door?

I'm waiting on another set of hinges before I can complete the other door. The top one that you see the is only half of the opening. With the second door, I will have a 2' x 3' opening. The center line of the top set of doors is in line with the center of the bottom door.

The upright is almost done. I finished the firebox and all seven gates.

qgLDr1x.jpg

Inspector approved.

w67mWFI.jpg

Here is the intake butterfly. It works out to about 8.5 square inches of intake cross section.

wA0exYu.jpg

rqNeNn5.jpg

V8epR1c.jpg

fLrUkMl.mp4

Back