Cheesy corn on the cob

beerguy

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I tried this twice now since Greg posted it, cause it sounds great, BUT....I gotta be honest, it aint at all the best corn i ever had. Maybe I just like boiled corn in a little sugar and salt water, but has anyone else tried this and raved about it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the cheesy corn. I got it from Sandra Lee.

Cheesy BBQ'd Corn-on-the-Cob Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee
Show: Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee
Episode: BBQ Hoedown

6 ears corn
1 stick butter, softened
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 packet creamy cheese sauce mix (or powdered cheese packet from boxed macaroni and cheese)

Preheat outdoor grill or preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Shuck corn. If desired, leave husks attached to cob to use as holders.

In a small bowl, combine softened butter, chili powder, and cheese sauce mix or powdered cheese packet.

Spread butter on corn and wrap each ear individually in foil.

Place on grill and close lid or place in the oven. Cook 25 to 30 minutes, turning every 5 minutes, or until corn is tender. Remove foil and serve.

I totally missed this one the first time around. Since corn is starting to come in I'll give this a try.

I like to steam corn standing up in a large pot with a basket. We put some Old Bay in the water. Nice flavor.

Beerguy, do the "paula deen" mayo corn, its good, you can do it in the oven or grill, done with mayo...thread "really good corn on the cobb"

It's just a good change if you grow up on a farm and eat sweet corn every single night for a month.

My absolute favorite is deep fried in peanut oil.

Thx Greg, I will try em all! My bride thinks we eat TOO much corn on the cob. i say, its a short season, get it while its in season, cause its along time till next June and july.

A Different Spin...Especially for RichardF

Tried this over the weekend, I think RichardF will absolutely love this corn recipe...

Grilled the corn, then instead of butter used MAYO, sprinkle with grated parmasean cheese, then squeeze a wedge of lime over the cob. It was fanfarkintastic, we will be doing this again in the near future. My 4 year old ate 2 cobs...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back