Open a BBQ restaurant, they said. It will be fun, they said

pickle recipe

Does anyone have the recipe for the pickles in the pictures on here. I know that it has been posted but after going back I cant seem to find it

Does anyone have the recipe for the pickles in the pictures on here. I know that it has been posted but after going back I cant seem to find it

I can't point you to the post, but I saved it off:

Ok, just because the brethren are so damn awesome, here's my pickle recipe. This is my home sized recipe that makes two quart jars or so.

Ingredients
• 4-6 medium cucumbers, or 8-10 small pickling cucumbers
• 4 cups water
• 2 cups white vinegar
• 8-12 cloves of garlic
• 6 tablespoons of pickling/canning salt or non-iodized kosher salt
• A few sprigs of fresh dill, or substitute with 2 tablespoons of dill seed
• 1 teaspoon coriander seed
• 1 teaspoon celery seed
• 1 teaspoon mustard seed
• 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
• 2 Hungarian hot wax peppers

Directions

Start by bringing the water to a simmer in a saucepan. While the water is heating, peel the garlic. For a subtle garlic flavor, use 8 cloves (4 in each jar). Use more for a stronger garlic flavor. Leave the cloves whole. Once the water is up to a simmer you can add the garlic and cook for about five minutes. While the garlic is cooking, prepare your cucumbers by slicing into quarters lengthwise for spears, or cut thin chips. After the garlic has cooked for five minutes, add the vinegar and salt and bring to a boil until the salt is dissolved and then remove from the heat.

In two one-quart canning jars (wide-mouth jars work best for this) add the fresh sprigs of dill and remove the garlic from the pan and distribute equally in both jars. Then divide the remaining spices between the two jars. If you want a touch of heat, add one Hungarian hot pepper, halved lengthwise, to each jar. Next, take the cucumbers and pack them tightly into each jar. Bring the brine back up to a boil and pour immediately into both jars, filling very close to the very top so that the cucumbers are completely covered.

Let cool to room temp and then refrigerate overnight. They are really good after sitting overnight, but amazing after another day or two.

I think I need to consider putting pickles in mason jars and sell them. People are coming in and ordering pickles by the quart. My staff will kill me though because it already feels like we're a pickle factory. Although I guess I could hire a person or two strictly to come in on Tuesday when we're closed but still here cleaning and taking deliveries, and just do massive quantities of pickles one day a week.

So many things I want to do and need to do, but so little time, and even fewer resources. If this week is any indication of what summer business will be like, I'm screwed (in a good way). This week the smoker has been absolutely at capacity nearly 24 hours a day. During the week we could get away with doing a couple less butts and brisket in the overnight cooks, but not anymore. Now the pit is packed overnight and we're even putting more brisket and butts on in the morning, which then takes space away for all the other meats we already didn't have enough room for.

There are worse problems to have, that's for sure!

Totally agree on leaving the interior as-is. As long as it's clean and inviting, and it looks like it is. The only "gimmick" you need is great food at a reasonable price.

This week the smoker has been absolutely at capacity nearly 24 hours a day. During the week we could get away with doing a couple less butts and brisket in the overnight cooks, but not anymore. Now the pit is packed overnight and we're even putting more brisket and butts on in the morning, which then takes space away for all the other meats we already didn't have enough room for.

Not sure what your equipment looks like or how often you clean, but make sure you don't get a fire in the smoker and burn the place down!

Will your HD Allow you to have a Trailer Pit under some sort of Lean-To or Shelter that could help you out with meeting demands?

Don't tell my wife, but a 70" TV is coming to the pig this week. It's going to be epic.

That seems like an awfully big TV for that size space. Be careful that you don't run off any customers with it. I think that most people who go to a restaurant, as opposed to something like a sports bar, go there to eat and not to watch TV.

That seems like an awfully big TV for that size space. Be careful that you don't run off any customers with it. I think that most people who go to a restaurant, as opposed to something like a sports bar, go there to eat and not to watch TV.
They tend to keep me away from some restaurants. Plus, do you really want customers to hang around after eating, filling up your tables watching TV?

I would pass on the TV. Our pizza hut just did a remodel and now they have several tvs and it has a sports bar feel to it. It's a cold atmosphere now instead of a nice warm one.
Several people I know like the old place a lot better.

I would spend money to help things go smoother & easier for you instead of $$ on a T.V.

TV's in dining establishments are ok if there is a separate bar area and enough seating to accomodate people that want to sit for a while.

Seeing as your place has very limited seating, your goal is to turn the tables over as many times as possible, as opposed to making an atmosphere of having people hang out longer than it would to eat their meal. People will sit around for hours on game day taking up tables that other guests will need/want.

Can I just say that everytime you post a pic the food looks great but makes the portion size look so tiny. can you post it zoomed in or grouped together to make it at least appear larger?

If they ever make an app that allows aroma with the posts, I'm done.

There is a fantastic BBQ place just about 2 miles from my work. They do an unreal amount of business, and it is small. Seating is at a premium, although they do have a little screened in area where you can seat about 20. You might can seat 20 inside, but I dont think so.

They do brisket, pork,ribs,hot links, and chicken. Sides are potato salad, cole slaw, and beans. He has two different pies for desert. You can get sandwhiches or plates. The most popular thing ordered is the 2 meat plate. You get any two meats with two sides, and a drink. The price is $17.39 per plate. He sells out of food every day. Most popular plate is Brisket/Hot link, with potato salad and beans.

Anytime you talke to someone about the place they will say the food is fantastic, but it is expensive. But the thing is they go back time and time again. Point is he turns those tables as fast as possible, and doesnt try to do everything. What he does he does right, and he is seeinig the rewards.

Sounds like you have the same opportunity, and that is great news.

Back