Apple CIDER or Apple JUICE?

dapittboss

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I have always sprayed with apple juice when doing ribs or butts or what not. My question is do you use juice or cider? What is the difference?

Cider has worked well for me with butts, not sure if there is much of a taste difference.

Biggest difference I can tell is that AJ is much cheaper! Other than that I can't tell any difference at all.

I would think the cider would give you a vinegar taste, I like sweet stuff, I like mixing a 6oz can of Dole pineapple juice and then fill the can with apple juice and pour into my sprayer, this give a little more flavor.

I've always wanted to try something besides apple juice. I see a lot of people talk about Dr. pepper or other things. I just don't want to ruin a bunch of meat by spraying something foul on it.

chargriller said:
I would think the cider would give you a vinegar taste, I like sweet stuff, I like mixing a 6oz can of Dole pineapple juice and then fill the can with apple juice and pour into my sprayer, this give a little more flavor.

I use cherry juice from my kids juicebox thingy. Its clear, and its good.

CapriSun or something like that.

Here's a pic

I have used both but can not tell the difference in the taste it the bbq. I believe the the only difference between the two is that the juice has been pasteurized for a longer shelf life.

i use apple juice only cause the only time I see cider is around thanksgiving

i used apple mixed with cherry juice. You can cut the apple juice with cider vinegar and jack daniels(or cheap bourbon) too. Did that for a long time.

I use apple cider. Only get a vinegar taste if you use cider vinegar. I also like to use cranberry juice.

Apple and cherry juice here also. sometimes cherry coke or cherry dr pepper, or regular verions with cherry juice mixed in.

Back