• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

American Royal Space Recommendations

dmprantz

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I'm going to be competing in the Royal for the first time this year, and I need to pick some preferred spaces, or at least an area. I've never been and have no idea what is where beyond the intimidating map. Any one have any recommendations for where to be and reasons for the recommendations? I don't really want to be in the middle of all night partying, but close to other serious competitors would be nice.

dmp

I'm going to be competing in the Royal for the first time this year, and I need to pick some preferred spaces, or at least an area. I've never been and have no idea what is where beyond the intimidating map. Any one have any recommendations for where to be and reasons for the recommendations? I don't really want to be in the middle of all night partying, but close to other serious competitors would be nice.

dmp

Invitation, Open or Both?

This will be our 3rd year in the North Lot, right next to Kemper Arena...We really enjoy it, but not a lot of spaces open up. If any parties, very small private ones around us in space 071.

I have been to the Royal as an ambassador(you will find out who they are when you get there). I recommend staying out of the Dark side if you do not want to party all night. The Dark side is the southern most tip, north to the royal tunnel according to the map on the royal website. Anything north of there should be what you are looking for.

Good Luck. Last year was my first year and did not get any of the spots I asked for. Ended up being assigned a spot on the dark side. Was a little worried but it worked our just fine and I requested my same spot back this year. Spot 301 right by entrance gate A. Any of the spots around that area would not be bad and it is close to turn in area. If you get deeper into the dark side the parties do get bigger. Lot
B has a earlier quiet time that is enforced but I think it is hard to get into it as many of the teams return year after year once they get there. Hope that helps. keith

I'd suggest lot B, but it's choice real estate. If you can determine if a spot may be open you can request it and take your chances. It's better to get the app in sooner than later.

When they mailed the packets, do they include everyone's space number or just your team's space number? I am on vacation and away from the house so I havent receive my packet yet. If possible, can someone tell me what space number Beer Meets Grill has? We are in both the invotational amd the open. Thanks.

I didn't see all site assignments, but it might get posted to the website soon?

dmp

I was told that if you are an invite team you get in the B lot. I called last month and was told a space was open so I sent in the payment. Got my packet in the mail and I'm in the north lot under the overpass.... Paid $1,800 to get jacked around.

Any Advice?

I was told that if you are an invite team you get in the B lot.
Not Always

I called last month and was told a space was open so I sent in the payment. Got my packet in the mail and I'm in the north lot under the overpass.... Paid $1,800
Holy Cr@p! My bill was $800 for a 20 x 50....what did you order?

to get jacked around.
Look at the map online. BBQ Pitmasters is being filmed in "B" Lot, and they took up a lot of space.

Any Advice?
Just Deal With It.....Sorry, we're at their mercy.

Answers Above...

I got my space assignment yesterday for a space in Lot B. I am worried because my assigned space number is not identified on the August 30th released map. I paid for an "A" sized space. The number given me looks like it was part of a "B" sized space last year but the map isn't updated for 2012 to reflect a split into two "A" sized spaces. I won't post the space number yet just in case it is a mistake and I don't want to tick off anybody.

Beware of the Dark Side Luke!

(anything but lot A)

I got my space assignment yesterday for a space in Lot B. I am worried because my assigned space number is not identified on the August 30th released map. I paid for an "A" sized space. The number given me looks like it was part of a "B" sized space last year but the map isn't updated for 2012 to reflect a split into two "A" sized spaces. I won't post the space number yet just in case it is a mistake and I don't want to tick off anybody.

Sounds like they are splitting what was a B size space last year into 2 A's this year. Sometimes spaces slightly change year to year based on who's coming and the size space they want.

I got assigned space 696 - can't seem to find it on the latest map (aug 30th). Anyone have any idea where 696 is? It appears that the 600's end at 690... :confused:

I got assigned space 696 - can't seem to find it on the latest map (aug 30th). Anyone have any idea where 696 is? It appears that the 600's end at 690... :confused:
I'm thninking a lot more that the 2012 map (Aug 30) has not been fully updated like KC Bobby said. That 690 "D" space may be divided into multiple spaces which could be why there are spaces with numbers larger than 690.

Back