MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-03-2010, 04:01 PM   #1
kingsnob
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Uds Build

Hi All
Well I was wandering through the woods behind my house and low and behold what do I find but this!

A 22.5 inch Weber Lid!
Well I took this as a sign to get my butt off the couch and Build a UDS.

I started off burning out the Liner with my trusty HF weed Burner, but realized I was having no fun. So I got myself a few beers,

Piled a bunch of branches in the Barrel and Lit it.

I did it twice in two days, then took my trusty HF 4.5 inch angle grinder to it, and took off what ever was left. I painted with some rustoleum High Temp.

I built the Basket out of one Weber Grate I also found in the woods. I think if I keep looking I will find the rest of the grill. Any way I went and bought a matching grill, and My buddy came over and welded them together with some steel, and I used Drill screws to attach some pieces of Expanded metal from HD.

Here it is almost done.

I used like this last weekend, and used two thermometers to monitor Meat and air temp in the Barrel.

Well here it is all done, and in use today. Note the Handles, and Temp Gauge.

Thanks for Viewing.
John

350 Gallon Converted Fuel Oil tank Pig Roaster
UDS
Kenmore 5 Burner Gasser
18" Weber Charcoal Grill.
kingsnob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2010, 04:04 PM   #2
jocosa
Full Fledged Farker

Looks good and should serve you and family/friends well. What's your review of the hoppy beer?

Old 07-03-2010, 05:25 PM   #3
kingsnob
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Uds

The Flying Dog was OK. I've always thought they were a bit Middle of the road, but this one was free. I won it at the Homebrew club raffle.

The Shorts is a way over the top IPA, no Subtlety, it just Hammers you with Hops. I other words I like it. The only thing I don't like about it is the price. It is very Spendy at 14a six.

John

350 Gallon Converted Fuel Oil tank Pig Roaster
UDS
Kenmore 5 Burner Gasser
18" Weber Charcoal Grill.
kingsnob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
uds