Freezing pulled pork

S

stockli

Is it ok to freeze pulled pork? I have a ton of meat left over from my cook sat night, (some no shows to the gathering) and I wondered if it is ok to freeze the left over pork.

I've never had any problems with it. Warm it back up in the crock pot with a little apple juice or toss it in the microwave.

I freeze my left overs after comps. I have a vacuum sealer so I use that and it works great. The pork is not quite a good as it was fresh (what is though) but I still think it is good.

What BBQ Mayor said...I always have left overs that get frozen & eaten a few weeks later. If you have a food saver use that...

Vacuum seal or double foil and then zip lock bag it. Great for enchiladas, tacos, etc, etc.

Mine just go in a zip lock bag. They don't last long enough on the freezer to make enough of a difference in my house.

I freeze mine in the Cambry Plastic containers from Gordon's...they work well. I put the meat and juices in them.

Glad plastic containers with saran wrap inside the top seems to work for me. I do it nearly everytime I smoke at home. Half gets refriged, the other half frozen for later in the week/the following week.

I micro it, and it makes good sandwiches.

I use a foodsaver and that works great for me. It is almost as good as when you first pulled it.

Sprite and apple juice both work well for added moisture when reheating.

zip lock or vacuum pak, either works great. save as much juice from cooking as possible. grease and all will freeze, then when thawed, it can be seperated from the meat again. this helps to hold in flavor and moisture.

Same here, Vacuum bag and boil to reheat. be careful so gad doesn't melt/leak when reheated.

freeze in a food saver or zip locks - I usually reheat in a low oven (200 degrees). Nothing like dipping in the deep freeze in February and finding some hidden Q.... helps make winter bearable.

I am wanting to smoke a couple of butts, shred it and then freeze it, my question is do I let it cool off before I vacuum seal it or seal it right after I shred it

I would let it cool.

I am wanting to smoke a couple of butts, shred it and then freeze it, my question is do I let it cool off before I vacuum seal it or seal it right after I shred it
Cool it, always, before putting in freezer.

Back