I have been busy

icemn62

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
This year, have gotten my son to assist with a smoke experiment on Pork Butt. he had fun, so 2 weeks later he did most of the "WORK" in cooking a brisket. He did the seasoning, he lit the coals, decided to go fat cap down, and placed on the grate. Every hour we walked out to the smoker, and he handled the spray/mop. He checked the temps, (I had to check him on that one). I wrapped in foil, He put it back on the grates. He did his dutiful job and going to the fridge and grabbing sodas for us..and he did okay gettng the chips and salsa.

Dinner time, HE sliced the brisket, and served the meat to his family. Dad stood back, took some pics, then gave "tips" when needed. He now wants to try ribs...Thinks his will be better than mine. When your kids were younger, you went in the driveway and LET him win a basketball game. If he does a rack of ribs, I will have to crush his spirit. I can not sit at my table, and have my son take smack about how good his ribs are.

Here are some pics of the meat. I am really proud of him, but I can not let him make better ribs than me.

Attachments

• brisket1.jpg
    brisket1.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 109
  • brisket2.jpg
    brisket2.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 108
Just let him know, he's not making better ribs than you, but ya'll are making better ribs together!

Ice, being busy this way with your son, is the best form of busy-ness there is. Congrats on the way you are raising you son. He WILL cook better ribs than you, one day, and ultimatly you will be proud, because you know that he learned it from you.

Fine looking eats there. Wished I had a dad, let alone one who would teach me the fine art of Q.

Congrats Dad, you she be right proud.

Mike

This is serious bizness!!!!!!!!!! Your right this is not Basketball in the driveway...You have to make him EARN this win!

Gary,
I'm a little envious as I can't wait to be able to cook with my son (and daughter!). The meat looks great, and you must be proud.

dont ya love it when your kid smells like smoke??? Forget about being the proud papa.. its just great that he takes interest in one of your passions... its a great feeling... enjoy it and hope it lasts!!!

My son has taken to the grill.. and i got him taught to only use one side for food and the other side for heat.. but like father like son.. he has the attention span of knat... I gotta keep him interested, and if that means his ribs are better than mine... so be it ..

even if they taste like the bottom of a shoe... :wink:

Back