Big Green Egg @COSTCO

G

greenkm

Saw a BGE Medium Size w/Nest @Costco today for $579.

There were three boxes in the package with printing on one of the boxes that read "new Model".

Is this a good price? If I purchased this item, what else would I need to make pizza on the BGE? I've never had a BGE or other manufacturer ceramin grill.

KG

Sounds like a great price if truly a BGE I did not know they were an authorized dealer. If they are not I do not believe the warranty is valid

from rob at BGE.... (from the greeneggers forum)

"we are aware that unauthorized sales of EGGs is taking place at some costco locations, and as per BGE policy there will not be warranty coverage on these products. as legal action is being considered as a result of these unauthorized and potentially fraudulent sales, we cannot comment further. buyer beware."

It's a real BGE...no doubt about that.

Also, I'd be inclined to think if Costco has it for sale within their warehouse then the product would meet all manufacture warranty requirements...plus, the Costco return policy to boot.

KG

I'm not sure how Costco gets enough inventory to sell something like this at its stores -- even on a limited basis -- without BGE's knowledge and agreement. But somehow they do and it almost always voids the warranties. Watches is another item that I've seen this same thing with.

who cares about the BGE warranty when you can just take it back to Costco?

I despise the crowds at mine and am no longer a member, but their return policy is as good as it gets, no questions asked just bring it back and get a refund.

How do you get service for your big green egg if you purchase from costco? I thought about doing it and I'm just wondering. If you have a crack or an issue, you would need to take it somewhere for service right? I don't think returning it whenever there is an issue is feasible.

People do have the insides replaced if cracked. I do not know if they send it back or send a picture of it. I had a broken placesetter when it came out of the box I sent a pic to the dealer and got a new one no questions asked

from rob at BGE.... (from the greeneggers forum)

"we are aware that unauthorized sales of EGGs is taking place at some costco locations, and as per BGE policy there will not be warranty coverage on these products. as legal action is being considered as a result of these unauthorized and potentially fraudulent sales, we cannot comment further. buyer beware."

no warranty.

Anybody know the price for that package from an authorized dealer?

Medium Heavy Duty Big Green Egg
AMHD

All EGG packages include a Spring Assisted Band, Stainless Steel Draft Door, Temperature Gauge, Dual Function Metal Top, CD/DVD and Manual

Nest for AMHD
NEST-M

I would ask the folks at Costco if they're going to give you a lifetime warranty on the Egg and it's parts, since BGE says the warranty is void if you buy it from Costco. If they can't supply you with replacement parts, will they take it back and refund your money at any point in your lifetime if something breaks or has issues? Worth asking.

Actually the Costco return policy is that they guarantee your satisfaction or you can take it back at any time. No time limit. That policy doesn't apply to TV's, computers, and other similar electronics but it applies to anything else. So they won't be able to supply you with replacement parts but if it ever cracks they should refund your money. They have a very liberal return policy, it's one of the things they're known for. Just gotta keep track of that receipt I guess.

Do you think they will pay returns on items they can't get reimbursed for? I dunno.

I'm not sure how Costco gets enough inventory to sell something like this at its stores -- even on a limited basis -- without BGE's knowledge and agreement. But somehow they do and it almost always voids the warranties. Watches is another item that I've seen this same thing with.

likely a master regional distributor that sells to the smaller dealers looking to make some $$$

Went back to Costco today with my truck.

Talked to one of the sales people, inquired with him about BGE manufacture warranty. He said to fill out the paperwork and send to BGE.

If there was any problem registering product then I could always get a refund...no questions asked.

Further, I asked if BGE lifetime warranty was denied, what would be my recourse? He said if I had any issues down the line that it would be up to the Costco store manager to decide on remedy.

I'm OK with that outcome. I believe Costco maintains a return item profile on all members. If they think that you're trying to game the system to get a new replacement item or full refund that may be problematic; but for members that play fair and reasonable I'm thinking you'll receive satisfaction.

Anyhow, I'm now part of the Egg Head community.

KG

Went back to Costco today with my truck.

Talked to one of the sales people, inquired with him about BGE manufacture warranty. He said to fill out the paperwork and send to BGE.

If there was any problem registering product then I could always get a refund...no questions asked.

Further, I asked if BGE lifetime warranty was denied, what would be my recourse? He said if I had any issues down the line that it would be up to the Costco store manager to decide on remedy.

I'm OK with that outcome. I believe Costco maintains a return item profile on all members. If they think that you're trying to game the system to get a new replacement item or full refund that may be problematic; but for members that play fair and reasonable I'm thinking you'll receive satisfaction.

Anyhow, I'm now part of the Egg Head community.

KG

worse case scenario, one day you may have to replace your firebox out of pocket. i've got three eggs and have still yet to have a cracked firebox. that's pretty much the only thing i can think of that really happens.

congrats. you're going to love it.

Back